Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:31:35 AM

Author Topic: Installation craching my computer  (Read 15164 times)

Offline BxBx

•  15 15
    • View Profile
Installation craching my computer
« on: October 31, 2010, 02:03:44 AM »
I just tried to install latest version of Mach 3 on my WinXP SP2 computer.  When I run the installation with parallel port drivers, it crashes and reboots my system.  After the reboot the system finds new hardware ("New hardware class") a tries to install a driver for it but is unable to find it.  Any suggestions?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Installation craching my computer
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 04:13:51 AM »
You may have to try the optimisation steps detailed on the downloads page but to try and install the driver first just go to the Mach folder and double click on the drivertest.exe.

Hood

Offline BxBx

•  15 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 05:57:04 AM »
You may have to try the optimisation steps detailed on the downloads page but to try and install the driver first just go to the Mach folder and double click on the drivertest.exe.

Hood

Thanks.  Running that drivertest.exe acts like an instant reboot.  I will try that optimization but giving it a brief look it seems like I may as well do another XP partition for nothing but Mach 3.  Pain in the ...

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 06:03:36 AM »
I know a lot of people use their computer for controlling a machine, doing their CAD/CAM on and even general day to day tasks but I am a firm believer that the computer that controls the machine should be doing that task and that task only.
Hood

Offline BxBx

•  15 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 08:28:55 AM »
Hood, using a computer only for CNC machine control may be fine if that's what you're doing all day long.  I prefer to use my computer for whatever I need and I was hoping to add a CNC router to it the same as I would a printer.  Needing to remove all sort of other things to make it work, or do a separate OS partition just for CNC, I may as well do a Linux partition and run free EMC2 on it.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 08:42:07 AM »
Yes, might be the way to go :)
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 09:36:44 AM »
Oh and did you actually check to see if the driver got installed after clicking the drivertest.exe as the computer is set to reboot after the first ever install of the driver.
Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 09:40:17 AM »
BXBX,
My pc has other programs on it that i use other than Mach and all runs fine. The programs don't interfere with Mach, but, I know that from using similar setups over time. There is no anti virus on the pc and never goes out to the internet etc. So it is restricted in manny ways.

These days the computer is not the major cost factor in cnc.........my opinion. A dedicated PC is recommended by most CNC doctors.

Like going to a doctor, you get a script for the illness ,but, if the medicine is not taken properly,chances are  your not going to get well.
Then again if you don't like the doctors advice, you always have option to use another one.......

Just an opinion as I don't have a license to practice....... ;)
RICH

Offline BxBx

•  15 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 10:17:07 AM »
Hood,
It appears to be installed, but not configured correctly.  When it reboots its looking for a driver called Mach3.sys, but after it finds it (I manually provide path to it) it instantly reboots and this goes around.  Device Manager says that driver for "Mach  X Pulsing Engines" was installed but not configured correctly.

BxBx

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 11:23:40 AM »
Three things I would try, in the following order.
First is run the Driver test again, if that doesnt help then second is run the specialdriver.bat and see if that works, if not run the originaldriver.bat to reinstall the normal driver.
Lastly is re-install Mach over the top of its self to see if that cures it.
Hood