Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:54:57 AM

Author Topic: Screen Not Working, No Moves...  (Read 18362 times)

Screen Not Working, No Moves...
« on: October 08, 2010, 10:32:11 AM »
Dave,
I have tried MSM again,and have it loaded on a new PC for the machine only. I ran the latest setup on the House PC and get th esame thing also. Load a file, and proceed to run, press cycle start, and goes to thee first line, and just quits, searches, and then runs a few lines, without doing anything ,and stops again. OK while it is in stoped mode,I am lookng for what might be happening on the screen, to see whats going on, first at the top, it says pulley too fast for.. clicking on path, to enlasrge the screen, it takes off again, and then stops.. Tried this on the Machine PC, and the same thing happens, only it is supposed to cut a small hole, but is in some kind of arc mode, and the tool path is way bigger than the whole part is. Says there is an error, I J command, but on the other PC it just stop's. Uninstalled both MSM and Mach 3.43.22 and went back to 3.42.32 and everything is fine..Except when the screen loads, Mach flash is first, then a White screen, for about 9 seconds, then the screen set loads. I'm going back to the screen s that I have, and will just wait, for somemore fixes. Just not willing to make a postive disicion as of yet. I think i had posted this before, when MSM first came out. Maybe It's Just My Stuff Too!    Thanks,   Hank S.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Screen Not Working, No Moves...
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 11:38:45 AM »
Sounds like maybe your IJ mode is wrong in general config.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 11:42:12 AM »
Dave,
I thought about this, and if you want to work through this, I'm Game, just to see whats up with MY configuration, or what. Give me a PM, and I'll call you on a phone (MY DIME) and see if we can sort through this, if you want. Still seems as though someething is screwed up.     bossproduction@comcast.net            Thanks,    Hank S.
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 11:48:12 AM »
Ger21,
I thought about that, in the beginning, and the config's are the same. It will work on one screen set Mach3.42.32, while on another it will not Mach 3.43.22. It will run on one screen set, and errors on MSM, and Mach3.43.22 when upgraded.    Thanks,   Hank S.
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 12:17:08 PM »
Hi Hank,

Dave,
I have tried MSM again, and have it loaded on a new PC for the machine only.
I ran the latest setup on the House PC and get the same thing also.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I've provided some comments below to points in your post. Given that MSM is in beta test, some problems are to be expected . The last data I had indicated that there are between 500 and 800 MSM beta users at this time. The lack of posted problems indicates that it's working pretty well for most of them. If they all were experiencing the types of things you describe, I'd expect a lot more posts here.

A basic question during the beta test period is “How is what happens in MSM different from the same test with 1024?”.  The things you describe make it sound to me like whatever the root problem is you are seeing, it is unlikely to be MSM dependant.

Question: Are you running an eval or licensed copy of mach?

Load a file, and proceed to run, press cycle start, and goes to thee first line, and just quits, searches, and then runs a few lines, without doing anything ,and stops again.
Running a gcode file is all inside mach. Once you click the cycle start button, and the event is passed to mach, MSM has nothing to do with what is happening.

OK while it is in stoped mode,I am lookng for what might be happening on the screen, to see whats going on, first at the top, it says pulley too fast for..
That is a mach message, independent of any screen set. It says that the code attempted to start the spindle with an S word that is outside the range limits of the currently selected pulley set up.

clicking on path, to enlasrge the screen, it takes off again, and then stops..
Path display handling is again all in mach.

Tried this on the Machine PC, and the same thing happens, only it is supposed to cut a small hole, but is in some kind of arc mode, and the tool path is way bigger than the whole part is. Says there is an error, I J command, but on the other PC it just stop's.
An IJ error says that you do not have valid gcode. This can sometimes be caused by IJ mode configured in mach not matching what the gcode assumes.

Uninstalled both MSM and Mach 3.43.22 and went back to 3.42.32 and everything is fine..
I think that is a typo –
3.43.22 is the development release MSM requires.
3.42.40 is the lock down release.

Except when the screen loads, Mach flash is first, then a White screen, for about 9 seconds, then the screen set loads.
The delay between splash screen and MSM page appearance is the time mach takes to load the screen set. This happens before MSM is started. The time is dependant on the PC speed etc.  MSM takes longer to load than 1024 – as it has larger bitmap images and many more of them.

I'm going back to the screen s that I have, and will just wait, for some more fixes. Just not willing to make a postive disicion as of yet.

I think i had posted this before, when MSM first came out. Maybe It's Just My Stuff Too!    Thanks,   Hank S.
No problem here. Use whatever works for you- not everyone wants to be a Beta tester.

Dave

Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 04:06:25 PM »
Dave,

I'll Post when You Return. Sent re.  PM.  Thanks,    Hank S.
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 06:31:47 PM »
You said that you get a message that says "pulley too fast" I've noticed that by default when you install a new update for MSM that the pulley speed is set at 25000 rpm and the pulley is set to 4. All of the pin assignments are also wiped out. What .xml file are you using? Are you copying over one that you are using with 3.42.32 ? I have witten down all my settings and just go thru and put all the pin assignments back to what I had before. I tried using an old .xml file and it really screwed things up. Just my 2 cents. ::)

Eric

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010, 10:40:08 PM »
MSM installs wipe out your pulley setups? I've never had it do that here.
--
Tom
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 11:00:42 PM »
Hi,
If you are finding that your xml settings are being changed, I am pretty positive that it is not MSM that is making the change.

I can say that as MSM does not alter the contents of any mach XML profile.
Any changes made to a Mach XML profile are done either by Mach itself, or by the user (via mach's configuration facilities).

Now then, I am aware of other mach add on programs that do write to mach's XML file and I personally  consider that a very undesirable practice.
Please be aware that MSM does not store info in the mach profile. By design, MSM uses it's own separate configuration files - so that a bug in MSM won't result in a corrupted mach profile.

Dave

You said that you get a message that says "pulley too fast" I've noticed that by default when you install a new update for MSM that the pulley speed is set at 25000 rpm and the pulley is set to 4. All of the pin assignments are also wiped out. What .xml file are you using? Are you copying over one that you are using with 3.42.32 ? I have witten down all my settings and just go thru and put all the pin assignments back to what I had before. I tried using an old .xml file and it really screwed things up. Just my 2 cents. ::)

Eric
Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 09:59:44 AM »
Dave et All,

OK here is the jist of what Ihave seen and gone through. Pulley set too fast is pulley 4 and set to is 25000,is just set to pulley 1 set to 255000 for my bridge mill, and the speed is 25500 I set this and still get the error? never had a problem running the 1024 screen set and should work either in the blue screen, or whatever, Just Won't work For Me...... That said ,how come if I change screens and use different machine's without MSM losded,I get everything to work and don't have to go thhrough all my settings again and again, to get things to work. Something is not appling itself to the MSM, when it is to be used. Just that simple. AS for now,when something else come's along ,and is proven to work without reconfiguring the whole lot, I might give it a shot,but the way things stand,and my setups, with different machine xml's, I'm not going to go through the agrivation of doing so. Thought it would be easy to just apply the MSM and be off. Well, I guess WRONG. Now I'm staying with what I have and that's that.   Aint gunna work HERE.    And I Really don't think Mach has Anything to do with it............  end of story.  As for the White screen, won't happen with MSM not loaded, so, and all Mach screens load and work fine, Blue or Otherwise,same with settings, all are fine.     Thanks,  Hank S.