Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:36:39 AM

Author Topic: Wear Compensation  (Read 5528 times)

Wear Compensation
« on: October 06, 2010, 06:02:28 PM »
I am having trouble with cutter wear compensation. Putting a  figure in the compensation input makes no difference to the actual movement of the cutter.

I also noticed that putting a figure into the Tool Length offset wear input box on the work coordinates page enters the same figure into the diameter wear input box on the tool page.

We are using the wear function to nudge a hole larger bit by bit until it is a perfect fit for a pin  - any advice?

Re: Wear Compensation
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 07:29:17 PM »
I can fix part of this:

The part I can fix: The two wear value DROs on the WCOffset-touch page were swapped in position.
Thanks for spotting this - it's fixed for the next MSM release (which I'm working on as I post this).

The part I can't fix: Wear values are flaky in Mach3. I'm told it is fixed in V4.
Mach does not consistently apply the wear values, the work around is leave the wear value 0 and adjust the base value.

Dave

Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com
Re: Wear Compensation
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 12:57:51 AM »
Thanks for the work around, tried every permutation I could think of and no joy.

Went back to standard screen set and for some reason it worked, no idea why and couldn't replicate the problem either.

Oh well, I'll just wait for Mach 4  :D