Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:31:25 AM

Author Topic: CamBam Gcode problems  (Read 8327 times)

CamBam Gcode problems
« on: September 15, 2010, 12:17:51 PM »
This is my first post, so please excuse any errors I might be making. My problem is in the use of CamBam's Gcode in Mach 3. The Gcode is running, but the toolpath window does not show the toolpath itself. Loading the famous Roadrunner or any other .tap file, there seems to be no problem. Incidentally, loading a new .tap Gcode overwrites the old, but this is not so with the .nc files. Only exiting the software and reexecuting will allow loading of new Gcode. As a newbie, I would appreciate any help and comments. Thanks, Jeff

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: CamBam Gcode problems
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 12:28:38 PM »
Sounds like there may be an error in the code so Mach is not loading it as it found that error.
Have a look at the message bar down near the bottom of the Mach screen and see if there is a message there telling you of the error.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 12:30:34 PM »
Actually forget that, have just read again and see you say the code is running.
Could it be that it is way off view on the screen, ie the coords are way to the side? What happens if you press the Regen button?
Can you attach the code so someone can load it and maybe find the problem.
Hood
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 04:55:40 PM »
Next to Status, it reads "Radius to end of arc differs from radius to startLine 52".
Pressing Regen does nothing.

The file is from CamBam site as a download @ http://www.cambam.co.uk/docs/gettingstarted/stepper-mount.html

Finally the code is attached. Again, I hope I've posted this correctly. Sorry if I haven't

Thanks for your help. Regards, Jeff

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 05:01:50 PM »
Ok it is throwing an error, try changing the IJ mode on General Config page and then regenerating and see if that cures it..
Hood
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 06:03:32 PM »
Cure it, it did, and I thank you. I checked IJ in the documentation, and frankly, I haven't a clue what the description means. If you have the time, could you put it in simple terms for me? I'm not one to just leave things alone until I've at least tried to understand them (sometimes ending in failure, but at least I've tried).  If you don't have the time, I understand, and again I thank you for all your help. Best regards, Jeff

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 06:09:51 PM »
I am probably not the best to describe exactly what it does as I dont really know myself ;D
Basically though it is either Absolute or Incremental, for example if you were at X50 and commanded a move of X2 when in absolute it would move to X2, if you were in incremental mode it would move to X52 as it is incrementing by the value you commanded. The IJ mode is for arcs so it would be the same idea with Absolute or Incremental  but just on an arc.
Hood
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 06:17:15 PM »
Perhaps not the best, but good enough for me. I appreciate your time and effort. Thanks again. Jeff

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 06:19:52 PM »
No probs :)
Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 08:59:52 PM »
Have a look at the ARC MOTION write up in Members DOCS, page 1 &2, relevant, even though it's for the lathe.
Figure 9 on page 6 shows influences which can have an affect.

RICH