Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:42:41 PM

Author Topic: ref all home setup  (Read 7282 times)

ref all home setup
« on: September 04, 2010, 09:37:03 AM »
Hi, this newbie needs help. Have fitted limit switches and all work OK. However when I press the "ref all home " button nothing happens.The machine should go to all switches as I understand it. Any help would be appreciated.
Re: ref all home setup
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 10:15:48 AM »
Do you have the home switches enabled under Port & Pins -> Input Signals?
Bill (the Cat) Shubert
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 10:23:47 AM »
Hi, yes the switches work fine, they stop the machine and show in the diagnostics page. Its just that the ref all home won`t work ! :'(
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 11:00:46 AM »
You say they work fine and stop the machine.  That implies that they are properly enabled as "Limit" switches.  However, I believe, if they are not enabled as "Home" switches, you will see no motion when you press "Ref All".

On the Ports and Pins -> Input Signals page I mentioned before.  Are the "X Home", "Y Home" and "Z Home" enabled with valid Port and Pin numbers?
Bill (the Cat) Shubert
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 11:01:27 AM »
can you reference each axis on the diagnostic page
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 11:19:19 AM »
Hi, have got m1 and m2 home leds up on the diagnostic page so will not ref.ms will ref but will not stop on the switch. Must have a serious mistake in the wiring !!!
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 11:22:00 AM »
check the pin numbers aren't duplicated
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 11:29:34 AM »
Hi, have got all three axis going to ref home but not stopping on the switches.The leds are lighting up in the diagnostics page
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 11:38:37 AM »
You say they work fine and stop the machine.  That implies that they are properly enabled as "Limit" switches.  However, I believe, if they are not enabled as "Home" switches, you will see no motion when you press "Ref All".

On the Ports and Pins -> Input Signals page I mentioned before.  Are the "X Home", "Y Home" and "Z Home" enabled with valid Port and Pin numbers?

Have you checked this, and a reload of mach may help but make sure you either save the xml or know the settings.
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 11:40:35 AM »
Sent you an e-mail with my phone number if you want to give me a call.
Bill (the Cat) Shubert