Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 01:54:34 AM

Author Topic: Inhibited LED  (Read 8200 times)

Inhibited LED
« on: July 21, 2010, 07:12:58 PM »
Dave is the Inhibited LED operational?  I have input 1 setup and the check box set, The functionality is working but the LED does not light.

Thanks,
Tom
Re: Inhibited LED
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 07:28:24 PM »
Hi,

It's working on my machine.

On the Hardware page, Signals tab, do you see the input 1 led change as you change the physical input signal?

Dave

Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 09:22:28 PM »
Yes, the LED is working on the Hardware Page.

Tom
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 09:31:16 PM »
Are you on a Parallel port?
If so, please check the led for the pin the signal is on on the hardwre PP driver page.
If the Signal page LED is changing with the input signal, but the PP pin led is not (I know that sounds as if it should be impossible), that tells me something - it would indicate to me that a background process that updates both the PP pin leds and the Inhibited led has stopped running. Which would explain to me why you are not seeing the inhibited led on the screen change with the input signal.

Let me know if this is the case and we'll go from there.

Dave
www.CalypsoVentures.com
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 09:21:40 AM »
Sorry I forgot to mention that I was using a SmoothStepper.

Tom
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 10:12:54 AM »
Dave, I was able to get it working by changing the OEM LED code from 1702 to the same code as the Output 1 LED.  I know that you don't want us messing with the screen so I put it back to the 1702, I just wanted you to know in case this helps.

Thanks,
Tom
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 10:42:37 AM »
I need to find out if the background process is running on your machine - let's try this to see:
please go to the tooling page.
Upper right panel "tool table information", upper right part of the panel there is a "+" and a "-" button with a DRO in between the buttons.
When you click + or - does the DRO in between change with the buttons?

Dave

www.CalypsoVentures.com
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 11:41:38 AM »
Dave, Yes the DRO changes the Tool # when I click + or -

TOm
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 11:48:47 AM »
OK, that is good info - not the info I expected, but info none the less.
That tells me the back ground process that refreshes screen controls is running.
As to how it could be refreshing the tooling page controls but not the inhibited LED is a puzzle.

I need to go scratch my head a bit about this.
FYI, due to other time pressures, it may be a day or two before I can get into this more.

Dave
www.CalypsoVentures.com
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 11:57:24 AM »
A thought comes to mind -

there is a brain that actually drives the drives the inhibited LEDs on the screens. It should be auto loaded by Mach when mach starts, but maybe it is missing or got turned off somehow.

Please look in c:\mach3\brains\autoload and check if "MachStdMill Safety Lockout LED Display" is in that dir.
if it is present, please use the menus to do Operator - Brain control. The dialog that appears should include 4 brains all of which have names that start with "MachStdMill" - all of them should be checked as enabled. If they are not enabled, please enable them and then click "reload all brains".

check the inhibit led - is it now working?
(BTW the MDI labels will also flash yellow when things are inhibited).

Dave

« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 12:01:01 PM by DaveCVI »
www.CalypsoVentures.com