Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 12:30:01 AM

Author Topic: Inhibited LED  (Read 8156 times)

Fixed
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 12:22:03 PM »
Dave, Thank you, that was the problem, I somehow disabled the brains they are now enabled and it is working correctly.  

Thanks again,
Tom
Re: Inhibited LED
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 12:23:13 PM »
Tom,
great - one more bug squashed!
Dave
Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 03:08:00 PM »
Dave, I have noticed that when I 1st start up Mach the enable LED does not start to function until after the machine is enabled for the 1st time, then it will begin working. Not really a problem, just thought you might like to know.

Tom
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 03:14:54 PM »
Tom,
I'm not quite following - would you clarify for me what you are referring to with "enable LED"?

I'm unsure if you mean the "inhibited LED" (as that was this topic of this thread) or
the big green "ready / Not ready" button (since you refer to "enabling" the machine), or
something else?

Sorry, I didn't want to assume, so I figured I'd ask.

Dave

www.CalypsoVentures.com
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 03:51:11 PM »
Sorry  Dave, Yes I meant the Inhibited LED.

Thanks,
Tom
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010, 05:21:52 PM »
Hi,

My machine with that the inhibit input line runs on a PP -
the inhibited LEDs work for me upon power up - while the screen is still madly blinking that mach is is not ready.

The logic for the inhibited LEDs basically is
    Mach Input signal 1 AND  ProgramSafetyLockOut() => turn on inhibited LED

Some wild ideas:
1) Could it be that your breakout board is not sending input signals to mach until it is cycled once?

2) Are you using a PP or a smooth stepper?
Maybe a SS does not feed back inputs to mach until after the SS is reset once?
I just got a smooth stepper to test with, but have not had time to hook it to anything yet.

The above two are only speculation on my part -

A way to test is to look at the hardware signals page - does the input 1 LED change when first powered up?
The LED on the page is the Mach LED - so if, it's not changing, most likely mach isn't seeing a change in the input signal.
That would indicate that it's a hardware issue you are seeing.

Dave
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 05:58:27 PM by DaveCVI »
www.CalypsoVentures.com
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 02:34:32 PM »
Dave, When I started the machine today the inhibited LED was functioning on start up,  even shut it down and restarted and it worked again.  I am at a loss as to why. But I will keep an eye on it and let you know if it happens again. By the way I am using it with a Smooth Stepper.

One other thing I noticed is that whenever I hit the stop button while a program is running the smooth stepper will loose data and lock up, it doesn't happen on an e-stop or if I hit feed hold and then stop after the machine stops moving.

Thanks,
Tom
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 02:39:02 PM by kencor1 »