Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:45:49 PM

Author Topic: I'm in Hog Heaven  (Read 95917 times)

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
Re: I'm in Hog Heaven
« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2015, 05:11:56 PM »
good work

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2015, 02:25:54 AM »
Well done!

Have to start learning LUA. Need Mach4 functionality on a couple machines. Bought licence copies in pre-release sale, but waiting for the ESS plugin to be fully functional.

Dan

Offline mc

•  382 382
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2015, 06:37:54 PM »
YaNvrNo, any more details or build threads on your 4-axis?
« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2015, 09:43:33 PM »
Other than what I posted on the dynomotion site I have kept it pretty :-X But its damn functional for what my plans are for it. I love the kanalog board that goes with the kflop, true servo motor control. Nice to be able to control both positioning and low to full speed with either a positional movement "G0 C45" or a mcode "m4 S900" and then also do the same with a mill spindle head "G0 B180" or "m104 S3000" and use both spindles at the same time in any combination. m102 turns off the mill spindle or m5 turns both off And being servo its fast. Also the spindle override slider works to control them independent. Then as soon as the spindle stops the axis DRO is updated, the C program source code computes and updates to the correct 0-360 degree. Also on a m30 I have it spindle orient so the chuck key slot is up and accessible. Also as a plan is using it as a tool and cutter grinder to resharpen end mills. Just takes a lot of time to get it all to come together. I was out writing macros today to do spiral machining.

Servo tuning with the Dynomotion system gives me some rigid spindle holding capabilities.

On a side note, two of my routers have the provision for a dumore tool post grinder mount that I use to resharpen my lawn mower blades. Its all automatic and although it takes most of a work day for a 6 blades, they never need to be checked for balance.  ;) Ya-Nvr-No what I,m doing from day today. So I always design and build for fit, function and adaptability. I write alot of parametric macros, easy for me to follow and they are tight & short. Gets the job done well and again, adaptable.

Offline mc

•  382 382
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 11, 2015, 07:31:55 AM »
I noticed your posts over on the yahoo group, and it still amazes me some of the simple solutions that Tom suggests, for what appear to be complex problems.

I was more interested in some photos, as your video only gives a little glimpse of the machine. I was only being nosey, as I like to look at what other people have created to see what ideas can I borrow for my own equipment :)
« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2015, 07:50:07 AM »
Cant say it was a simple implementation,  ;) as it took a couple of days of debugging to get it to work perfect. real dance with the c code threads. The more I learn about programming the better I get at achieving my needs.

Hopefully when I start creating my dream projects, I will provide some videos that show more. But the real show to me is what's inside. I've been a tool maker for over 45 years, learning to control those tools is what drives and impresses me now days.  ;D Because when it comes down to it, we just want to get the job done.

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2015, 04:26:25 PM »
just watched this think its up your alley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6o6W6X-88M
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2015, 07:48:31 PM »
Thanks, Yep I like gang tooling machines, programmed them for years, just never had one with live tooling. A few turrets machine I programmed had live tooling.

Forgot to mention, this will handle 9.5" inch diameter 36" long piece for turning and milling or a 20" diameter piece in the table gap. And the milling head can be manually rotated 90 degrees to machine in line with the lathe spindle axis. Tried to make it as versatile as I could with the components I found available.

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2015, 09:01:41 PM »
its still a nice piece of equipment
« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2015, 06:30:23 PM »
Couple of poor photos of the first rotary carving, but it gives you the idea what this thing can do.

Adding a servo driven 6th axis to it this week. So needed to make a mounting plate for the rotary positioner.