Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:23:01 AM

Author Topic: Wiring Limit, Home and E-Stop Switches  (Read 45143 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Wiring Limit, Home and E-Stop Switches
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2016, 02:35:05 AM »
Hi is it best to wire all the limit switches in series including the home switches. By this I mean just using 2 wires so all the switches are all connected in 1 circuit with only using 1 pin.

If you are using a 'slaved axis' then you need the switches for one of these axes on a separate input in order to allow for squaring the gantry on homing.
Your home switches can be your limit switches if you wish.
Other than that yes they can all be connected in series and connected to one input pin but use shielded cable with the shield only connected to Earth at the controller end.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2016, 04:42:31 AM »
Can I run the limit switch wiring in the cable track along side the motor wires

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2016, 05:31:46 AM »
Yes, it should be no problem (I do that without issue) but if you are using a VFD then do not run the spindle supply feed in the same track.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2016, 05:38:17 AM »
Thanks if I have anymore questions I will get back to you you are the only one that I get a straight answer from.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2016, 05:46:16 AM »
Thanks if I have anymore questions I will get back to you you are the only one that I get a straight answer from.

That's probably because I don't know as much as the others.  ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2016, 05:53:12 AM »
Stupid is as stupid does. I'm just learning I've got the idea but I'm just don't want to have to redo it. The guy who built the cnc didn't put them on and messed up a lot of things so I had to rebuild a lot of parts. I should have built it myself.
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2016, 06:39:12 AM »
The limit switches are working fine but now my machine is acting weird. The dro s don't work on the z. The x axis automatically inverts and the y axis automatically moves by itself. Do you have any ideas why and all my axis need to be recalibrated

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2016, 06:53:52 AM »
I really have no idea what you have done but suspect you have accidentally created a GND or Earth loop with your wiring changes. Perhaps re-track your work and see if you can spot something.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2016, 07:24:10 AM »
Another thought…

During the setting-up of your limit switches you may have accidentally created a corrupt .xml (easy to do if you are using an external motion controller).

There may be an easier way but when something similar happened to me I had go to the Mach3 / xmlbackups folder and load an earlier .xml (rename it to <my profile>.xml and copy it into the Mach3 folder) and then re-make the required changes to my settings. It worked just fine second time around.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2016, 04:13:27 PM »
I don't think I made a ground loop it's all pretty much straight forward all is series