Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:44:42 PM

Author Topic: Spindle drive problems.  (Read 17214 times)

Re: Spindle drive problems.
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2010, 02:08:37 PM »
Hi Hood again you have hit the nail on the head. If you remember I could not get anything out of the LYNX08 board at the start of this thread, so I bypassed a couple of relays that were linked between the breakout board and the LYNX spindle board. I think they were controlled by signals from the ATC as the spindle had to stop in a set position to line up the dogs of the toolchanger and the slots in the tools. It looks as if Denford controlled the spindle with a mixture of the DC drive and AC contactors. I'm going to leave it, as I said I can't think of any reason why I would want an M4. Later on might invest in a new SSD 512C unit from the inverter supermarket which is the replacement for this unit. It has a reversing option but at £110 seems a lot just to tap holes. The LYNX08 aint going to last long, one of the capacitors has blown but does not seem to affect its operation. Cheers for all your help mate

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2010, 02:13:42 PM »
It is  common for caps to go on old equipment but normally they are easy to replace, just a bit of soldering :)
Hood
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2010, 02:20:27 PM »
OK Roy at DIYCNC has identified as a 1uf capacitor so might have a go later. Hood I'm going to dump all the denford stuff including an origonal manual. Do you know anyone who might want some bits, Already flogged the toolchange mechanical parts, front panel and 6 off SD2/3 drive cards on ebay. But the rest I'm going to dump. If they pay the postage and they can have it for free.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2010, 02:23:27 PM »
No afraid not, might be worth putting a post in the bargain basement part of the forum to see if someone wants them.
Hood
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2010, 03:26:48 PM »
Hi this is just for reference, I noticed I had sent you the latest LYNX manual, I have tried to attach the correct one, Nothing has changed it looks as if you need to attach something to it to get reverse. Hope you got the attachment (for your reference only)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2010, 05:07:45 PM »
Ah now thats more like a manual :)
You can see on fig 4 how the contactors are used to reverse the motor direction, you should have them unless you sold them, but if you didnt then I would say hang onto them as you may want to add them back in the future.
Hood
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2010, 01:49:07 AM »
OK they are sitill there, I took the wires to the motor from one of the contactors as it was connected to the ATC which I removed, the spindle then started working. I kept a record of the wiring and when I have caught up with the job outstanding will have a go. There are so many wires going in some at 240v I was worried if I used them might do damage. When setting up the stepper drive cards I has a strange 240v supply into one of them which blew it up. Denford were renownwed in the early days for making adaptions and not recording them in their manuals.  Attached a picture of the contactors for your reference, you can see the number of wires going into them, dont need M4 so going on the saying if it working dont mess.
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2010, 06:13:43 PM »
Hi,

I’d like to know if someone had same problem (Estop trig on when spindle turn on) with CNC Router. I have VisionCam router and it is run by PC (with MACH3 ).  Signal from PC going to rely and after to AC inverter (TB WOOD’S X2C  model 2007-5B) .  After AC inverter turns on it send signal to MACH3 what “external estop requested” . It is doing that no meter if spindle connected or plug disconnected from spindle . Please let me know how can I fix this issue .

Thank You !!!!!!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2010, 02:10:55 AM »
Sounds like your inverter is throwing out a lot of interference, as a test increase the Debounce Interval to 2000, its on the General Config page accessed from the Config menu.

Hood

Offline Sweep

•  150 150
    • View Profile
    • pollz.co.uk
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2010, 03:09:55 AM »
Are you all sorted out with the Lynx08, Jim.
I have a Denford Triac modified for Mach3 and control the spindle speed from the PC. Did you cure the slow spindle rpm creep when you had turned the rpm down to zero?

...Sweep