Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:59:01 AM

Author Topic: A Axis Setting rotary motion  (Read 12208 times)

A Axis Setting rotary motion
« on: April 16, 2010, 01:57:11 PM »
Hi,

I just installed a 4th axis on my Tormach and it appears that the setting for the A axis is presently for linear motion. I understand it can be changed to rotary motion in the configuration. However, I can't find where to do this.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Please be specific with step by step instructions.

Thanks
Jorg
Re: A Axis Setting rotary motion
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 02:04:47 PM »
It is in the General config Settings Left side.
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 02:09:15 PM »
Thanks a million,

However, I had that info from searching this forum and can't find the general configuration tab. Where is it?

Thanks
Jorg
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 02:41:12 PM »
Hi Jorg,
Its in the CONFIG tab 4th selection down.

jay
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 05:37:34 PM »
Thanks Jay,

Trouble is, I can't locate the CONFIG tab.
I just downloaded from the Tormach site the version 3 Rel. 1.9 U EXE

There I have on the top row a Configuration tab but the pull-down menu give me only "Fixtures" "Tool Table" and "Config Plug in".

In the bottom row I have a tab "Settings" (no cofigurations) and it shows in the upper left corner the A axis but no option to change from linerar to rotary motion?

So where do I find the CONFIG tab you are mentioning?

Thanks
Jorg

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 07:33:47 PM »
Config menu is where you will find it, see pic.
It might be that Tormach has an OEM version that doesnt allow you to access the General Config settings, if thats the case you will need to contact Tormach and ask their advice.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 07:46:10 PM »
Hi Jorg,

Tormac seen fit to remove that menu item because it doesn't pertain to your system.  It is problem still in the program some where but I dint where to get access to it.  Like Hood said, call Tormac.

Jay
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 06:52:00 AM »
Thanks everyone,

Yes, now that I have seen the screen shot it's clear that the Tormach version does not provide that option at the config tab.

I'll see on Monday what Tormach has to offer.

Best
Jorg
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 08:19:50 PM »
Thanks everyone for the support,

As to the linear versus circular motion in Mach 3; the full version has under the setting tab a choice to select either circular or linear motion. The Tormach version does not provide this option; they basically disabled the whole "settings" options to assure that everything is set up properly to match their machine.

To get around the problem one can use after every g-code line GOA 1.8 that tells the stepper to rotate for 180 degrees an additional line G92A0 that sets the counter back to zero thus allowing a repeated clockwise move by 180 degrees.

Best
Jorg

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 03:36:30 AM »
That seems a rather clunky way to have to do things, is that the way Tormach told you to do it?
I think I would be tempted to load the demo version of Mach on another computer and load the xml that you are using on the machine into that computer, change the setting and close Mach. I would then rename the xml and copy back over to the machine and load the modified xml and see how it goes, if its all good then you could make that xml your default for starting.
Hood