Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:39:25 AM

Author Topic: No screen adjustment after feed hold  (Read 3996 times)

No screen adjustment after feed hold
« on: February 24, 2010, 02:22:08 PM »
I just updated to the newest lockdown version of Mach. When I am running a program and hit feed hold then move the  axis's from the current position, then when I hit cycle start again I am no longer getting the screen that usually would pop up before the axis move back to the position in the program.  I looked and I don't know what setting I am looking for, or if this is a bug.

Thanks
Tom
Re: No screen adjustment after feed hold
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 05:10:01 PM »
Tom after a feed hold that is the correct operation.

You are thinking of RUN FROM HERE where you are asked for a preparation-al move

If YOU turned off the spindle when you used the feed hold, don't forget to TURN IT ON

Phil
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 05:16:27 PM »
Thanks, Phil... But in the old version a screen would pop up giving the XYZ coordinates and then the was a box to enter a rapid to position z Height and there was a check box to start the spindle.

Thanks Again,
Tom

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 05:29:19 PM »
Afraid I never do that as I always press run from here if I move away after a feedhold. I just tried simulating in the version I have loaded here and it didnt ask for a prep move to OK.
What version were you using previously?
Hood
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 06:18:33 PM »
The Version that it worked in was 3.041.  The window that would pop up has a title of Position preparation at the top.

Thanks,
Tom
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 06:26:39 PM »
Here is a screen shot of the box

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 06:29:55 PM »
Yes I know what the prep move is but I am glad you posted the screenshot as I see SmoothStepper in your profile. What Rev of SS plugin are you using and also after the feedhold are you pressing Stop so you can jog?
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 06:44:19 PM »
Just loaded 3.041 and yes I get the prep move box, not sure when it stopped doing that as I never use it but I will try different revisions and see if I can find the one it stopped with.
I am thinking  however it may have been changed deliberately  as the proper procedure would really  be a Run From Here, but thats just a guess ;D
Will see if Brian can shed any light on it.

Hood
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 06:47:17 PM »
After pressing feed hold I jog an axis away from the current position, then when I press start again the prep move screen pops up.  The version of smooth stepper in the most current one.  I have it installed in the old Mach and the new.

Thanks,
Tom