what is best software for create a new screen

machscreen
10 (58.8%)
mach3screen
0 (0%)
screen4
7 (41.2%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Screen  (Read 23452 times)

Re: Screen
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2010, 10:40:51 AM »
Hi Hood,

if you want, I could take a deeper look into it, but to do that, I would need your set-file and the bitmaps. An easy way to take all the files needed is "project export".

Klaus
The brain isn't a soap, it doesn't shrink when used.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2010, 10:48:17 AM »
Klaus
 just sent via email.
Hood
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2010, 01:26:54 PM »
Hi Klaus, I uninstalled the old one, there was only one version on the pc. I downloaded the latest version from your website and now the "save" and "save as" lets you have spaces between ie: "ZX Mill.set"

I'm still getting the error box come up though.

I am in no rush to solve this, if no-one else has picked this up then it must be a quirk in my setup.
The set file I am working with below. All recent work on the settings page, just a few buttons with embedded code.

As I attached the file, It just occured that my Mach folder i'm using is called Mach3New as I have 2 versions of mach on the pc.
Would it be the cause?

Cheers
John
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2010, 01:42:24 PM »
HI

@Hood, I got your set-file. It's not a matter of overlaying elements, its a matter of blending. I can't tell you, how long it's goon take.

@John, I think, its because of W2k.  What kind of file-system are you using, FAT32, or NTFS?

Klaus
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2010, 05:04:24 PM »
Hi Klaus, Fat32.

John
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2010, 11:22:58 PM »
Hi Klaus, I uninstalled the old one, there was only one version on the pc. I downloaded the latest version from your website and now the "save" and "save as" lets you have spaces between ie: "ZX Mill.set"

I'm still getting the error box come up though.

I am in no rush to solve this, if no-one else has picked this up then it must be a quirk in my setup.
The set file I am working with below. All recent work on the settings page, just a few buttons with embedded code.

As I attached the file, It just occured that my Mach folder i'm using is called Mach3New as I have 2 versions of mach on the pc.
Would it be the cause?

Cheers
John

I also have the same problem on my desktop pc, but not on my laptop. The desktop pc's hd partition is fat32 and the laptop's is NTFS. But since it doesn't hurt much so I didn't bother to report it.

Zafar
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2010, 08:16:06 AM »
Hi, I'm glad it's not just me then. I've had a week of weird stuff happening. Still as you say it's not a problem that is serious
I just thought I'd mention it. The drop down box was more of an inconvenience.

But for all that MachScreen is a wonderful program, so much so that I managed to do all the screen work in an afternoon
As before all my work with the screen took days to work out the problems.

John
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2010, 12:24:24 PM »
Hi Zafar and John,

please give me some time, I need to install a W2K system.

Klaus
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2010, 10:17:13 AM »
I am running winxp.

Zafar
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2010, 03:06:59 AM »
Hi,

I found the reason why an error is reported by save and save as. When MachScreen executes "save" or "save as" it stores the file-set data and the window-sizes and the lock-bits. These data is stored in a "ADS". These "alternate data streams" don't exist in FAT file-systems. I will change that, if the data are stored to a FAT, or FAT32 file-system, frame-sizes and lock-bits will not be stored.

Klaus