Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:55:05 PM

Author Topic: Program Safety Lockout problem  (Read 17993 times)

Re: Program Safety Lockout problem
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2010, 09:55:32 AM »
going to restart my computer incase

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2010, 10:00:05 AM »
I mainly repair/refit fishing boats.

My workshop is a few hundred yards up the pier from that pic.

That is weird indeed, try making a new profile with default values and see if it still cant be enabled properly.
Hood
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2010, 11:27:13 AM »
because of this issue which I thought was working I have destroyed 3 motors lol every time my aux motor hits a knote or a shake in the wood and gets stuck I tear the motor off of its mountings :-(
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2010, 11:28:19 AM »
about ready to transmodify my computer into a paperweight via a 5lbs lump hammer

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2010, 11:42:40 AM »
Have you tried the new profile to see if it still doesnt stick?
Also curious how you are using the lockout as cant figure out how it would save motors when hitting knots/shakes.
Hood
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2010, 11:55:06 AM »
I have a 4 axis machine standard 3 axis wood router with and axillary to position a drill motor for end work I  surface machine a profile then do end work with a forester bit .

The aux axis is used only to position the aux machine center and a PLC contols air cylinders to drill a set pattern
The the unit sometimes gets bunged up
The whole aux process takes about 7 secs during this process I have an input going to Input#1 which halts all motion from the controller and I put a dwell of 20 secs into the program if at the end of the 20 secs the drill isn't retracted the system should sit there and wait till it is.

unfortunately sometimes the forester bite can get snaged and can get stuck. and when this happens and the unit lockout isn't working bang there goes an other motor
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2010, 11:58:16 AM »
I'll send you a link to my machine running

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2010, 02:22:33 PM »
Ah right see where your coming from now, looks like a nice machine :)
Are you using Modbus for the PLC? If so can you as a test disable the Modbus and see if the Optional Stop will stick.
Hood
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2010, 03:26:52 PM »
Thanks hood,
no I kept it simple and I'm using 5 discrete IO, (out1-EN/reset, out2-start, In1-Running, In2-Done & in3-Error)
never could tie the done bit in right still learning the Brains and macropump.
yep spent some time changing our motion systems over to Mach3 and was hoping i didn't make a mistake trying to cut costs lol

I think I have it fixed well working lol

after talking to you I did a fresh install on an other machine. inc profile xml bitmaps macros etc.etc....

Everything is now working think maybe Mach3 might have got corrupted?

any way if you ever need help with PLC, Vba, Java internet remote servicing , Screen design electrical mechanical systems just let me know.

whilst I was looking for a way to check the xml better came accross this thopught you might be interested.
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,9561.msg58698/topicseen.html#msg58698