Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:01:52 PM

Author Topic: Feed Hold and Single Issues  (Read 10384 times)

Re: Feed Hold and Single Issues
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 04:35:14 PM »
FALLen

I did an apprenticeship many moons ago, there was no internet, even calculators hadn't been invented.

Now Hood admits that he was a fisherman before becoming an engineer and hats of to the guy.

But maybe Hood has a natural talent for it as he is one of the most knowledgeable guys on this forum.

What i guess i am saying is that some people have it and some don't  ;D

I think its great people want to be an engineer, now i am and have been a little sarcastic but i feel that i am entitled. As i say i had to believe every thing i was told i didn't have google to go and check.

I have been told to get some "Spots for the spot welder" from the stores along with asking for a "Long Wait" every one was talking about "Thou's" i had to ask what is a thou.  ::) I have now gone over to M&M's now ;D

So to learn about screens go here, that's all they are talking about http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/board,17.0.html

That is where you will find my screen set it has a flashing Led for single step mode to let you know you are in that mode Rich even put a doc file there in how to download and install it. How the hell he "Rich" missed it i do not know  ;D

What i guess i am saying is that it is a long road to being an engineer maybe you should join a group with a mentor to start on the long road

Phil
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 06:06:22 PM »
It is typical of the ambiguity that I find so frustrating about this manual.

All i can say is you got to write one to find out just how hard it can be. Feels like your your
being torn apart as you try to anticipate the ambiguity and your focusing zooms in and out so many
times the head starts to hurt!  ;D

Easier to wite a lump sum deisgn specification for a multi million dollar project!  ;)

RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 06:09:48 PM »
How the hell he "Rich" missed it i do not know

How many times must i say that i can only write and can't read, and also color blind.  ;D  :D  ;)

RICH

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 06:25:41 PM »
Those were the days, long stands, new bubble for the level, sparks for the grinder, buckets of blue steam, and glass hammers, when my nephew started working for a local engineering shop we had a glass hammer water jet cut for him, oh boy did that spoil there fun  ;D

Graham
Without engineers the world stops

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 06:39:23 PM »
Yep, new kid in the engineering center and they told me i would need some info to check some design.
Off to the catalog center i went,asking for a, Fritz Glitz Bubble Caps, Sump Pump Gump Pump, and a few others
with similar goofy names.
That mean old grump lady behind the counter told me to get lost and don't come back until i grew up.
Now i am grown up and still can't the catalog's. You figure it ........ ;D
RICH

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2010, 06:40:18 PM »
Those were the days, long stands, new bubble for the level, sparks for the grinder, buckets of blue steam, and glass hammers, when my nephew started working for a local engineering shop we had a glass hammer water jet cut for him, oh boy did that spoil there fun  ;D

Graham

Yeah forgot the sparks. ;D

How many times must i say that i can only write and can't read, and also color blind.

RICH

Now here is something, nearly everyone can walk, and do it without even thinking, but it's taken Honda years to get Asimo to do same.

Phil
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2010, 06:44:10 PM »
I get the feeling this thread is about to be hijacked for a while...... >:D

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2010, 07:15:36 PM »
LOL, The jug of air, sky hook, bolt stretcher....................... I still enjoy sending the new guys to the supply room.  >:D  Almost as much fun as telling them to write all their notes to the higher ups in Crayon on construction paper so they can understand it. LOL Were an awful group................ LOL

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2010, 07:25:33 PM »
Tiny the 6'9" -375# welder used to take the new guy and show him how he could bend the 3/4" bar around the back of his neck. Then he would say that ya had to be rather tough to work in the place. He would give the new guy a welding rod and ask him to prove he could handle the small stuff. That weld rod coating between the cheeks can be really nasty......especially in the hot of the summer....... ;D
RICH

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2010, 07:51:22 PM »
Yup, I usually give them a hand full. LOL

Ever give them the personality test with a tpe measure?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!