Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:32:15 AM

Author Topic: locked motor  (Read 15194 times)

Re: locked motor
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2010, 09:14:36 AM »
Thanks again.
Step Pin#??
Dir Pin#??

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2010, 09:35:51 AM »
For a stepper or servo drive that works with Mach you need a Step pulse and Direction signal, the Step pulse will go out through a pin on the parallel port and whichever pin you have it connected to is the pin number you set in Mach as that axis Step pin, same idea for the Dir pin

Hood
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2010, 05:22:19 PM »
I am totally confused. I have no idea how to get the tool to switch on, the interface board instructions don't help, my A-axis is slaved to the X-axis but the limit switches do not stop the A-axis motor when tripped.  I have no idea on how to setup Mach to fix either of one these issues.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2010, 07:03:04 PM »
Sounds like your limit switches just go to the board and not Mach, if they went to Mach then all axis would stop. If you trigger a switch do the limits light up on the diagnostic page?
 I think what you will need to do is connect all your switches in series and put them to one of the inputs on the breakout and configure the limits in Ports and Pins.
When you say tool I am presuming you mean spindle? if so then you will need to connect a relay with a 5v coil to one of the outputs on your breakout and then configure that output and also tell Mach which output you are using for the spindle relay. Make sure the relay you get is sufficient for your spindle.

Hood
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 07:06:32 PM by Hood »
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2010, 09:29:51 PM »
That is one of the areas I am confused in. What pin, output, etc, to use.  I know it shouldn't be this hard but the old light bulb is not turning on for me.
The switches do go to the board.  The X axis switches work just not the A axis slaved to the X axis. All four switches work for the X but not the A at all.
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2010, 09:41:47 PM »
The limits do not light up on the diagnostic page. I think I know what you mean now.  I use the input ports on the board and not the plugs for the axis limit switches on the board.
I did a test today grounding out the input ports on the board and the lights on the diagnostic page did light up, but in yellow.
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2010, 09:42:36 PM »
You mean I should use the input ports and not the plug ins on the board?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2010, 02:16:04 AM »
Yes, I am thinking the plugs may just be connected internally on the breakout board. If you connect the limits to the inputs llike you tried ( when shorting) then Mach will be informed and when one limit is seen all axis will stop. You can use any of the inputs you like, just have to set Mach  up to the pin you are using.

Hood
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2010, 10:29:47 AM »
Got the inputs wired to the Mach side on the board. I get the plugs indications LEDs on the diagnostic page but the motors continue to turn once the switches are activated. When I change the input settings and trip a switch it shut the motors off but I have to reset the system manually in Mach. Is there a way to switch the settings to where when the switches are tripped the motors stop and allow the motors to be ran in the opposite direction with no need to manually reset the system?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2010, 10:33:25 AM »
you need to use the limits as home switches also then you set up softlimits and that will stop you from hitting the real limits unless things go wrong. The softlimits will do exactly as you want, you can jog up to the limits but Mach will stop you going further but still allow you to jog the opposite way.
Hood