Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:18:14 PM

Author Topic: MAXNC10CL and MACH3 issues  (Read 24917 times)

Hood

Re: MAXNC10CL and MACH3 issues
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2006, 01:41:19 PM »
There is still nothing in that text file, well I should clarify by saying there are no settings in that file. You need to get the xml for the profile you are using eg if its Mach3Mill then you want Mach3Mill.xml, if its a profile you have made yourself it will be profilename.xml

Hood

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2006, 09:14:16 PM »
Hi, Originator

Made up an Originator test XML below Put it in your Mach3 Dir., not sure about pin 10 set it to show Input1 led to show on if servos normal.
I Set E-Stop to pin 10 also, If the input1 led is on and jog's, un-check the E-Stop Emulate for E-Stop to trip on servo error. 

I don't have a control like this just hope its a start to get it running rite.

Found this Some where on a Yahoo site.

PIN ASSIGNMENTS FOR THE
MAXNC CL2 SOFTWARE

PRINTER PORT PIN ASSIGNMENT

1............... M3 OUTPUT (LOW=ON, PULSE FOR PWM)
2............... A AXIS (quadrature)
3............... A AXIS (quadrature)
4............... Y AXIS (quadrature)
5............... Y AXIS (quadrature)
6................X AXIS (quadrature)
7............... X AXIS (quadrature)
8............... Z AXIS (quadrature)
9............... Z AXIS (quadrature)
10.............. INPUT, MOVE ENABLE (LOW=NORMAL OPERATION, HIGH=STOP, SEE NOTE)
11.............. INACTIVE
12.............. INPUT, HOME SWITCH (NORMAL OPERATION LOW)
13.............. INPUT, G61 SWITCH SENSOR
14.............. M8 OUTPUT (LOW=ON)
15.............. NONE
16.............. OUTPUT, DISABLE POWER TO MOTORS (LOW=NORMAL, HIGH=DISABLE)
17.............. OUTPUT, RESET CONTROLLER (LOW=RESET, HIGH=NORMAL)
18.............. ALL SIGNALS GROUND
19 TO 25 ....... NONE

NOTE: MOVE ENABLE IS USED TO STOP THE COMPUTER STREAM OF CODES UNTIL THE SERVO
MOTORS CATCH UP. ON TIME-OUT IT WILL PRODUCE A SERVO ERROR.

Just a Test, Chip

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2006, 05:02:16 PM »
Hi, Originator

Hear are 2 moer to try.

Just another Test, Chip
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2006, 09:11:30 PM »
I had already started working on that first one and have made significant progress with it.  At first it was telling me that it was corrupt or a MACH2 file, but I just ignored the error and continued.  I put back all my original settings, and now I can power the machine off and on with about 90% success rate with the motors jogging.  Once in a while X doesn' t jog, but this is so much better that it is not important.  I had to play with the tuning, This machine will run at 4000 pulses, 45 speed and 20 accel, faster than that and it stops running.  But that is acceptable to me. 

After I restated the program, it doesn't give the corrupt or mach2 error any longer.

Except for the X not running once in a while on machine power up, I am very happy with this.  If you want I'll try the other test files, just let me know if there is reason to mess with them since I am mostly fine now.

Very much appreciated!  This has been more frustrating than you can ever imagine.

Thanks

Todd

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2006, 09:42:37 PM »
Hi, Originator

The Test 1.XML was for a Max Nc CL 15 it dosent have pin assignment, don't now if that's normal, the Test 2 is the same XML that I added pin # to.

The XML was on Yahoo Maxnc group Files section named maxnc cl 15 final, Finaly was able to save them in XML format.

Give them a try won't change the one your using now.

Glad to hear it's a little better now.

Where are you located.

Thank's cHip

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2006, 10:52:35 PM »
I will test them out   I am in Hollyweird CA
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2006, 11:23:58 PM »
The first one is the most reliable.  Test 1 is not running most if the time, Test2 has a better ratio of run to fail, but the first is very good odds.  I can work with this no problem.  Thanks again for all the effort, that is a life saver.

Todd
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 11:49:55 PM by originator »
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2006, 05:49:39 AM »
Hello

Well I tried to use the new driver today for the first time, and although it does jog th same as it used to, there are mysterious problems.  The Z axis raises up around 3 inches whereas the code tells it .07 rapicd plane.  Then, when it heads to its first destination, it ges so far it hits the switch, but it should only travel an inch.  I tried to upload my Maxnc xml but keep getting an server error that the site is exceeded quota.   I will try it again tomorrow.   I went back to my old driver just to try to get through the day,  6 hours+ and not even one cut made.  Your driver seems to jog very consistently so I am desperately hoping we can solve the issue with the travel being far off.  I went into motor tuning and set it to 200 just to see what happened.  It jogged slower, but still went too far over where it should have in travel.  I am about to print your file and my old one to look for where the problem may be.  Thanks for any suggestions.
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2006, 05:53:13 AM »
Here are teh files.  The OLD one that has finally bit the dust, plus your new one that at least will jog very consistenly.  Hopefully we can track down the area that is causing the  longer travel.
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2006, 05:54:22 AM »
once again