Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:07:36 AM

Author Topic: MAXNC10CL and MACH3 issues  (Read 24924 times)

Re: MAXNC10CL and MACH3 issues
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2006, 05:59:38 AM »
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2006, 03:41:05 PM »
I think I want to now abandon their controller, I think it is dead and MAXNC says that using other softwares are damaging it.  Nonetheless, it doesn't run great even with their software now.  So it is time to punt.

I am looking at building my own Hbridges which would be simple, and running it in Step and Direction.  I am ust curious if I use MACHMILL.xml as the driver, and set my driver to receive the step and dir off the same pins as they are set up now.  The motors are 8wire uni, and although I have only used bi-polar, I think I may have an easier time with a home brew that their quadrature setup that has never worked right more than a day.

If anyone sees a problem with this thought process please let me know. 
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2006, 09:15:08 PM »
There are some low cost drivers that will give you all 3 axis for about 130.00 I think :) Woudl that work for you?
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2006, 10:18:22 PM »
Sounds pretty good,  what are they?
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2006, 09:36:08 AM »
http://www.hobbycnc.com/hcncpro.php

I have never used them my self but many others have :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2006, 09:55:35 AM »
Wowsers   ,, that is cheap ..
~~Looks at receipt for 3 axis kit~~

THUD   :)
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2006, 01:16:39 AM »
Yes that is cheap.   I made a decision today to keep my board in tact with the outputs, PS, connectors and encoders, and just get rid of their PIC16F84's and drop in my own micro.  I am going to use the Propeller by Parallax, which is an 8 x   32 bit 80mhz multiprocessor, one chip for all 12 motor outputs, 6 encoder quadrature inputs, 3 dir and 3 step. 

I have already tested out driving the motors from a breadboard, so I'll get it all done and make my own PCB and have complete control in the future.   I really appreciate all the help, but I have to bail on this manufacturers controller, it's been like prison.  SInce the hardware is in tact, it will get me by for now.

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2006, 02:32:47 PM »
Hi Guys:

Im sorry I missed this for so long. One probelm here may have been the settings..

Output#16   Port 1  Pin 16    Actlow X
Output#17   Port 1  Pin 17    Actlow Ena

These two above are wrong. OUTPUT shoudl not be the signal used. These shodul be connected to ENABLE1 and ENABLE2, for

ENABLE#1  port 1 pin 16 Active Low enabled.
ENABLE#2 port 1 pin 17  Active Low Disabled

I know Im late, but just in case it helps. :)
Art

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2006, 02:47:27 PM »
Art   Thanks for response.  I was aware that that there are several versions of running pins 16 and 17 floating around.  I have tried every possibility of combinations a gundred times.  For some strange reason though, this cobtrollr would just lose connection on an axis every day, usually the X, but others as well, so it wasn't easy to trace.  I will be done with replacing the processors and code tody or tomorrow, although it is a challenge.  Being strapped to someone elses controller  is nor fun.  I'll run my own boards soon, with my own code and the adpat and modify as the need arises.  MACH3 was always sending out the quadrature, but their processor would just drop the ball.  Something on their processor didn't like some other state obviously.  The problem was not the 16 - 17 pin config. 

Thanks

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2006, 06:26:42 AM »
I found that setting pin 10 to input 1 to be very important too. It holds Mach from sending pulses during servo lag. Without it the controller will just fault out at high speeds.

Darek