Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:23:52 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 + Galil  (Read 131864 times)

Re: Mach3 + Galil
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2008, 05:25:43 PM »
Ever get the sweats...

I got them and over looked a very important step...... setting the ratios.. It works like a charm now.........................................
Hey THANKS 4 all the help in advance. I'll need more than you'll ever expect!!!

www.cravenpottery.com

Offline bubba

•  80 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2008, 04:34:01 AM »
When using galil plug in is Mach3 burning anything to galil card, or do all galil settings have to be entered thru terminal?
« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2008, 06:43:30 AM »
I do not believe Mach3 BURNS (BN) any commands to the Galil. It does have the ability to overright some commands that are BURNED in like the SERVO REVERSED setting in the plug in. It will not overright a slave command BURNED in. I did a (BN) command when Mach3 had my axis slaved and Mach 3 could not unslave it afterwards.

Darek
« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2008, 12:47:39 PM »
What would make the limit switches change?

If I home any of my axis now they x goes towards the switch and stops... Y will go a few inches, and Z will touch the switch but not move back to make it contact again?

When they trigger the switch my shuttle pro will not work until you reset???

Esc terminates script...

What to check?

www.cravenpottery.com
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2008, 02:36:47 PM »
This might be a bug in the Plug In. I have experienced this myself. It will always stop when it hits the home switch. Some times it backs up and homes properly other times not. When not, Mach would not let me home again until I exit and re-enter the program. The pause LED is lit during this no homing period also.

Darek
« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2008, 05:40:13 PM »
I can ESC and it will try again... In the block at the bottom it says script terminated......  Have not noticed a pause light....

www.cravenpottery.com

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2009, 03:03:44 AM »
All of you guys with homing problems need to try out the the latest code.  It's not fully tested as I don't have motors on my Galil cards.  My motors/amps are 480v and I don't have that kind of power in my computer room, if you know what I mean.  I can view the output and it looks good, but there is nothing like putting it in action to see what it does.

1.  Added axis mapping.  Meaning you can now map the Galil D axis to the Mach X axis, etc... If wanted/needed.
2.  The GP I/O is now working.  However, this will require you to re-wire your Mach "ports and pins" settings.  (Not re-wire your machine!)
3.  The spindle no longer takes up a Mach motion axis.  It uses the Mach spindle instead.
4.  Support for the guys driving brushless motors via the commutation on the Galil.  (Sinusoidal Axes)
5.  Many small "gotcha" things that might pop up under certain events/circumstances are fixed.  e.g. The homing bug.  I think this had to do with the original pin layout.  It tried to duplicate the pin layout of a parallel port with a breakout board, but the GP I/O pins could over write the limit switches and home inputs.  So if you are trying to use I/O other than the limit switches, this could be the issue.

PM me with your email address and you will get the PlugIn along with an explanation of the new I/O pin arrangement.  But I really have to warn you that this PlugIn may not work.  As I said, I really can't fully test it yet.  But I would appreciate any people willing to try.  The DLL produces a log file in the PlugIn directory that would be of great value to help elimiate any problems, should there be any. 

I'm working on putting together a 110v system that I can test with.  But I'm still lacking some parts.  Maybe in a few weeks I can provide a better tested PlugIn.

Some things for the future include:

1. Slaving handled entirely via the Galil, thus a slaved axis will not take up a Mach motion axis.  This might free up some axes for you guys running gantries.
    You could do this manually anyway, but I'm talking about putting it in the configuration dialog where you would not have to BN your slave settings.
2. I'd really like to see ridged tapping and threading.

Steve
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2009, 12:36:00 PM »
I have become real interested in trying the Mach 3 after reading for the last week or so. I had previously had the Camsoft installed (Don't like it at all after dealing with them for over many months). I had the Galil motion control installed, and then had a problem with a bad connection on a hot wire in the mill I aquired and shorted to ground. Completely fried out the Galil and the PC. I am now ready to get it running again. I'll have to post a picture in the future of what not to do to your hardware.

Is the Galil driver set able to work with the legacy cards like the DMC-1040 or do I need to have a newer card? Is there a list of the Galil that has been tested or designed to run with the Mach drivers?

Thanks

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2009, 12:44:44 PM »
Here is a link that will answer most of your questions.  http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,2156.msg61995.html#msg61995

The 1000 Series cards are not supported.  (No Data Record)  Support for the latest and greatest Accelera cards has been included, but not tested.  You will need the latest SmartTerm Version 7 Drivers.  You can also install and use the GalilTools on the same machine, but the Version 7 drivers are required.

Steve
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2009, 01:39:42 AM »
Thank you, now I just need to find a new (or Used) Galil card that is compatible. It sounds like the ethernet is the way to go. Then the laptop could potentially be used on multiple machines? Or taken inside the house and configured, then go back out and work on things. Sounds great.