Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 03:17:14 PM

Author Topic: Correct orentation for X and Y  (Read 13193 times)

Re: Correct orentation for X and Y
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 10:31:08 AM »
My understandig.......

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 10:35:29 AM »
But the OP referenced his home position as Front Left. Front Left is a bit vague. :)

Fwiw, I stand on the opposite side of your red operator.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline NormB

•  169 169
  • Norm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 10:40:37 AM »
That is exactly what I have been trying to say.  I am not really concerned where the operator stands only in reference to Autocad and it's -Y PowerStation and it's X-Y  they are both in the lower left corner And to me that is the front corner of the machine and yes I can move to the side but My 0-0 is still oriented to the Cad programs.  Your X is the same as mine butyour operator stands where he is not go0going to draw this part you are cutting.  Not that it makes any difference.  This is hard to describe without a picture and you have provided that an we are talking about the same orientation.

Offline NormB

•  169 169
  • Norm
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 10:41:29 AM »
I also made mention of the 0-0 being in my lower left if you do that where youstand it's wrong.
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2010, 10:42:28 AM »
Like this...?
 :)

Offline NormB

•  169 169
  • Norm
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2010, 10:45:40 AM »
Point taken.......... I guess we understood what we were trying to say.  I also mentioned that X is my short dimension and y the long adn teh gantry is the short dimension  At least we are all on the saem page..........thank you

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2010, 11:10:28 AM »
Like this...?
 :)

Yes, that's the way that I see it.

And sorry, Norm, but I still don't know where you are calling Front Left?? Which is what I've been trying to find out. :)
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2010, 11:35:32 AM »
My router is big. I want the longest run to be the "X" . So I set it up with the 0,0 at the closest left in front of my router. "Y" runs left to right and "X" runs front to back. I can't walk around my router. I am the only one that runs the router. I use Ctu2D, When I first started to use it all my text was mirrored. I tried to find a way around that to no avail. So now after I have my dxf set up the way I want it in Cut2D I flip the image and then run the tool paths. Kind of a pain, BUT, it works and now I don't give a second thought, it's just automatic with me. To run the files without flipping them I have to orient my work on the router at a point I can't get to easily.

I know this doesn't help, but you might have to live with the problem like I have to.

Dave

Offline NormB

•  169 169
  • Norm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2010, 11:49:52 AM »
using your picture to explain the red button is the front of the machine as I see it.  If I move to the button so it's at my belt buckle I am standing in front of the router and my 0-0 is to the left of me.  The corner we see in this perspective is opposite to 0-0 it would be on my right if I were directly in front of the button.
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2010, 01:18:35 PM »
Then you should be set up as the blue op in the earlier post.

Dave just needs to reverse his Y axis..I believe.