Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:22:33 PM

Author Topic: For Wizard Loving Lathe Users  (Read 10277 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: For Wizard Loving Lathe Users
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 06:38:46 PM »
Sorry forgot all about this :(
Ok just had a look and the only reason I can see you get the error is because you are using a .set screenset which in effect turns MachTurn into MachMill. Because Mach thinks its a mill G76 is not recognised. If you load the .lset screen then restart Mach then I think you should be fine.
Hood
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 10:10:25 AM »
Hood,
Sorry I haven't gotten back before now.  Thanks again for all your help and patience.  I have tried everything but Mach3 still keeps reverting back to the 1024.set screen.  I have tried to change the setting in my XML file to .lset but that doesn't work, I have physically went into the run screen of Mach3 and used the drop down screen and went to the lathe directory and then checked .lset but the end result is that it keeps going back to 1024.set.  If you have any more ideas before I try to reinstall Mach3 for the 100th time, let me know.  This has been very frustrating.  I can not for the life of me understand why changing the XML file to default to .lset doesn't fix it.  Thanks again for all your help.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 11:51:36 AM »
Can you attach your xml please.
Hood
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 02:23:52 PM »
Yes, I could but it won't mean anything.  I make sure that in notepad that it reads .lset but when the first screen comes up in Mach3, I selledt "AUTO", and then go to view and try to select .lset, all that is there is .set.  I have done this now at least 20 times and it does that every time. 

I can make sure that the XML calls out .lset but after I go thru the above process it is .set.  When the first basic startup screen comes up when you start Mach3, if you go to loas wizards, the lathe wizards are there but when you try to get the 1024.set the .lset is gone.

I hope I explained this well enough for you to understand what is happening.

Mike

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2010, 04:29:01 PM »
Yes, I could but it won't mean anything.  I make sure that in notepad that it reads .lset but when the first screen comes up in Mach3, I selledt "AUTO", and then go to view and try to select .lset, all that is there is .set.  I have done this now at least 20 times and it does that every time. 

I explained how you can see the .lset from the view menu, you possibly missed it? What to do is go to view then Load Screen, a window will open. At the bottom of that window is a box that says as default Mill files (*.set) if you expand the list you can select Turn files (*.lset), that will allow you to see the turn screensets available to you. See the pic below.
 If you still have issues then please attach your xml as I will have a look and see if I can figure out why you are having these issues.
Hood
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 05:41:40 PM »
I will give this a try the first thing in the morning.  I think I have already done this but I will go over it step by step again to see if I missed something.  Mike
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2010, 10:02:15 AM »
Hood,  As I suspected, when I tried this morning to AGAIN follow your instructions, it just won't allow me to default to the 1024.lset file.  I believe you are correct when you say Mach3 believes that I installed this software as a Mill application.  I am ready to forward my XML file but don't know how to do that within this application.  Will I need your email address? 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2010, 10:46:48 AM »
use the additional options on the reply page to browse to your xml. You will however have to rename it first if it is  a standard named xml as the forum will only accept a file name once. If thats the case then copy the xml to your desktop and rename it pppmike.xml and the forum will accept it.
Hood
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2010, 01:47:57 PM »
Here it is. 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2010, 02:29:55 PM »
I have opened and closed and opened your profile half a dozen times and each time it loads correctly with the lathe screenset, see pic, so I dont know where the issue lies. I however notice you have a MPG set up and the A Channel is sharing the same pin as your E-Stop so that needs changing.

If you see the same screenset as in the pic then the only thing I can think of is to reload Mach over the top of itself to see if that helps.
Hood