Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:07:27 AM

Author Topic: For Wizard Loving Lathe Users  (Read 10276 times)

For Wizard Loving Lathe Users
« on: December 29, 2009, 11:02:16 PM »
Not everyone goes looking for stuff and its amazing what you can miss.

I have redone the standard lathe screen but without the jumping around on the menus

There are three main screens and i have added a cool feature in that the wizards are now part of the screen set

You can get more details and view pics here http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,13548.0.html

Phil
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable
Re: For Wizard Loving Lathe Users
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 03:22:04 PM »
Help!!  Every time I install Mach3 for a lathe, I lose the wizards for the lathe.  When I use the drop down to select a wizard, the wizards for the mills comes down.  I have re-installed Mach3 numerous times and every time I do it changes the wizards drop downs to mill wizards.  How do I get the lathe wizards to drop down on my lathe setup?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 03:28:13 PM »
Does the screenset you use have the .set extension? If so then thats your problem, it needs a .lset extension.
Hood
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 04:37:51 PM »
Yes it is a .set extension.  I found the .lset view file but no matter what I do, I can't open it to get to the lathe wizards.  Is there a way to fix this?  Thanks for the quick response.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 04:49:07 PM »
All you need to do is load a screenset with a .lset  extension then restart Mach and your turn wizards should be fine.

Hood
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 05:06:26 PM »
Thanks.  While you were typing your answer, I went over to my shop and pulled the XML file up and it was telling Mach3 to load .set instead of .lset.  I changed that in my XML file and it is now FIXED.  Now the only problem is every threading program I tried to have the Wizard write came up with an error in line 8 and I do mean every program.  Are you aware of this problem or is it just my inputs?  Thanks again.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 05:14:27 PM »
No problems for me with threading.
What does line 8 have on it?
Hood
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 05:29:17 PM »
I AM HEADED HOME FOR DINNER BUT WILL CHECK IT OUT TOMORROW AND LET YOU KNOW WHAT LINE 8 IS SAYING.  THANKS AGAIN.
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 09:48:46 AM »
Hood, 

Well, I got up this morning and started my Mach3 Lathe and the wizard screen was back to being the mill wizards again.  I went back into the xml file I am using and changed the screen set back to .lset and started it up again.  It was the lathe wizards until I tried to go to the 1024 screen and it went back to the mill wizards again.  Frustrating.  What am I doing wrong?

The Line 8 G Code that keeps coming up with errors from a test program written by the lathe wizard reads as follows:  G76 X0.4 Z1 Q1 P0.05 J0.006 L45 H0.022 I29 C0.025 B0.0001 T0

Keep in mind, this was just some numbers plugged into the wizard to see how it wrote the G Code.

Mike

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 10:02:04 AM »
You are loading the 1024.set rather than the 1024.lset by the sounds of it. Go to view menu then load screens, you will then see a drop down box at the bottom of the window that opens, choose .lset from the list and you will then see the Turn screensets for you to choose from.

I will have a look at your code in a bit, gotta go down to a boat to change over some hydraulics.
Hood