Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:47:06 AM

Author Topic: 1987 Bridgeport Production Center Interact 412 to Mach3 Conversion  (Read 212804 times)

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
Re: 1987 Bridgeport Production Center Interact 412 to Mach3 Conversion
« Reply #150 on: February 05, 2011, 10:10:31 PM »
I am trying to add some buttons to my control panel.  I like the way yours work.  I looked for some arcade buttons on ebay and the only square ones I found took 12V and 20mA current.  I am using a pokeys device for IO.  The manual says it can only handle 4 mA per output.  How did you handle the lights on your buttons and do you have any info on the buttons you are using?

Thanks in advance,

Vince
« Reply #151 on: February 06, 2011, 10:35:19 AM »
Joel,
Congrats on a superb effort and end result!
Thanks !

One question I have for you, could you use a servo on the tool carousel and treat it as an axis in Mach?
My machines have a small Fanuc servo to operate the carousel.
Yes, my first pass was using a stepper motor to control the tool carousel.  But later I used a simple AC Motor and switched the starting cap for direction control.  There is a BIG Cammed device that in the carousel, so the AC Motor works great.  This was the stock design also.

Also, the spindle orient situation:
You were getting within a few degrees with the AC motor alone.
How about a tapered "shot pin" arrangement operated with a small air cylinder that would pull the spindle into perfect position?
Sure, there are many options on how to align them up,  I think the shot pin would work.  We are using a stepper motor and decelerate to the correct position, so far no issues yet.  The thing about Mach, is that you can do just about anything with it, so making inprovements on a design is easy to embed

I hope to see your work on this too :)
« Reply #152 on: February 06, 2011, 10:38:45 AM »
I hate to jump back a few pages, but Im trying to mimic the tool probe setup.  I am not very experienced with screen designer..... I have the buttons setup as buttons, I just dont understand how to mpa each button to the function and how to get the DROs setup and mapped, if someone who has done this can post some screen shots and how to do it with screens 4  I would sooo much appreciate it!

Im new to doing the screens thing so treat me as if I was a 4th grader please LOLOL

Each button maps to the same macro code "M1200".  But the parameters are what gets mapped to the specific function "P4", "P10", ect  Also, you need to make sure you have set the DROs up for touch, rapid speeds, and circle diameter.

Hope this helps,
Joel
« Reply #153 on: February 06, 2011, 10:43:13 AM »
I am trying to add some buttons to my control panel.  I like the way yours work.  I looked for some arcade buttons on ebay and the only square ones I found took 12V and 20mA current.  I am using a pokeys device for IO.  The manual says it can only handle 4 mA per output.  How did you handle the lights on your buttons and do you have any info on the buttons you are using?

Thanks in advance,

Vince

I used 74LS05 (open collector) to buffer/drive the 12V Led at 20ma each.  This work good for the LEDs that I wanted control one at a time.  I do have some banks of LEDs/buttons that are lit up depending on the state of the state machine, these are all tied together and are driven with the a large power transister ( I think I used 3055 ... )
« Reply #154 on: February 06, 2011, 10:47:32 AM »
I hate to jump back a few pages, but Im trying to mimic the tool probe setup.  I am not very experienced with screen designer..... I have the buttons setup as buttons, I just dont understand how to mpa each button to the function and how to get the DROs setup and mapped, if someone who has done this can post some screen shots and how to do it with screens 4  I would sooo much appreciate it!

Im new to doing the screens thing so treat me as if I was a 4th grader please LOLOL

Here is your screen shot....

JH
« Reply #155 on: February 06, 2011, 11:14:14 AM »
JH, I appreciate you taking the time with us and the questions.......

I have the buttons setup like your screen shot and I get an error while trying to run a button.
I have the 9 buttons setup so far, no dros yet, still trying to wrap my brain around that.  I click on any of them and get an error !!! Z- Tool Probe did not reach target!!! 

You said something about linking parameters numbers to case statements.........  Could I get a little more info on this?  Ohh hell, just up load the screenset LOLOLOLOL  I can rip that apart!  HAHAHHAA
« Reply #156 on: February 06, 2011, 11:55:08 AM »
OK, I "THINK" I have the DRO`s setup now.  Just added a DRO to the screen and gave it an OEM code of 1150, 1151 and 1350.  Put numbers in the DRO and clicked on any of the buttons and Z moves.  Trigger the probe, Z continues to go down.

Man, I hate trying to learn something new..........
« Reply #157 on: February 06, 2011, 11:59:58 AM »
The z error means it never found the top of the stock after moving 1 inch.

The macro reads the value of the dros for touch and rapid speeds, so you need to have those dro with a value set, if they are not, the touch speed will be zero, therefore you will have no movement and never reach the target.  So make sure you have the dros on your screen with the user code set as defined in the M1200 maco const table.  Then set to the touch speed to 5 ipm or so, I made these dros so you can tune your system on the fly to match the accuracy of your machine.

JH

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 06, 2011, 01:58:52 PM »
[quote author=J

I used 74LS05 (open collector) to buffer/drive the 12V Led at 20ma each.  This work good for the LEDs that I wanted control one at a time.  I do have some banks of LEDs/buttons that are lit up depending on the state of the state machine, these are all tied together and are driven with the a large power transister ( I think I used 3055 ... )
[/quote]

Do you have a diagram that shows how this is wired?  I am an electrician, not an electronics guy, but I can follow a schematic.  I looked up the data sheet for a 74LS05 and don't see how this would be wire. 
Thanks
Vince
« Reply #159 on: February 06, 2011, 02:19:03 PM »
[quote author=J

I used 74LS05 (open collector) to buffer/drive the 12V Led at 20ma each.  This work good for the LEDs that I wanted control one at a time.  I do have some banks of LEDs/buttons that are lit up depending on the state of the state machine, these are all tied together and are driven with the a large power transister ( I think I used 3055 ... )

Do you have a diagram that shows how this is wired?  I am an electrician, not an electronics guy, but I can follow a schematic.  I looked up the data sheet for a 74LS05 and don't see how this would be wire.  
Thanks
Vince
[/quote]

See if this quick schematic will help.  Also is a Macro Pump used to map poKeys DROs(buttons) to Mach3 Outputs.

JH
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 02:21:12 PM by JHChoppers »