Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 09:43:13 AM

Author Topic: 1987 Bridgeport Production Center Interact 412 to Mach3 Conversion  (Read 214709 times)

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
Re: 1987 Bridgeport Production Center Interact 412 to Mach3 Conversion
« Reply #160 on: February 06, 2011, 02:26:22 PM »
Thanks for the schematic, I will give it a try.  I have to find a place to get the 74LS05.  Radio Shack does not have any.  I'm sure I can get some from DigiKey.

Vince
« Reply #161 on: February 06, 2011, 03:55:58 PM »
Cool, let us know how it all works out for you.

JH
« Reply #162 on: February 07, 2011, 08:37:32 PM »
OK, I "THINK" I have the DRO`s setup now.  Just added a DRO to the screen and gave it an OEM code of 1150, 1151 and 1350.  Put numbers in the DRO and clicked on any of the buttons and Z moves.  Trigger the probe, Z continues to go down.

Man, I hate trying to learn something new..........

Did you make any progress on this ?

JH
« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2011, 09:09:36 AM »
i tried setting it up on my testing pc, with no machine attached.  To do all the button mapping ect.  I mapped the probe to a key on the keyboard and start one of the macros and press the button on the keyboard.  The probe LED lights up but the macro doesnt change.........  I see that this is setup in inches, so I changed my native units to inches as well.  Still no dice.  Does it need a hardware probe on pin 15 or should what Im doing trigger the macros functions?  Like I said, Im trying to "PROOF" it right now before implementing it on a machine.
« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2011, 10:17:35 AM »
JH,
    Hey man just thought I would drop a line here and tell you that you should be really proud of yourself man... you built one of the most kick ass CNC retrofits I have ever seen.... Amazing workmanship, amazing machine man.... Congrats.  Wish I was your next door neighbor so I could come over and drool all over that thing because it is awesome... Peace

Pete
« Reply #165 on: February 09, 2011, 05:07:26 PM »
i tried setting it up on my testing pc, with no machine attached.  To do all the button mapping ect.  I mapped the probe to a key on the keyboard and start one of the macros and press the button on the keyboard.  The probe LED lights up but the macro doesnt change.........  I see that this is setup in inches, so I changed my native units to inches as well.  Still no dice.  Does it need a hardware probe on pin 15 or should what Im doing trigger the macros functions?  Like I said, Im trying to "PROOF" it right now before implementing it on a machine.

To get your hands around a Hardware Probe Project, you can test your probe without the M1200 Macro via the a MDI Command Line.  Just type "G31 Z0 F5" on the MDI and your Z will move to ZERO or it will stop early if the probe signal trips.  Make sure you have your probe input setup in Mach via the Input Screen.

I used this same method to test my probe with G31, before writing the M1200 Macro

Hope this helps.
JH
« Reply #166 on: February 09, 2011, 05:14:49 PM »
JH,
    Hey man just thought I would drop a line here and tell you that you should be really proud of yourself man... you built one of the most kick ass CNC retrofits I have ever seen.... Amazing workmanship, amazing machine man.... Congrats.  Wish I was your next door neighbor so I could come over and drool all over that thing because it is awesome... Peace

Pete

Thanks Pete.  Very kinds words....Thanks

This project was a huge learning experience for me and I really enjoyed it.  (the day you stop learning is your last day)

I plan to start on my CNC Lathe soon, just trying to get a big block of time before I commit to it.  This has several new things for me to over come...looking forward to digging into to.

JH
« Reply #167 on: February 10, 2011, 04:47:38 PM »
Well, I seem to be making headway on this project.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbFvSJTBnDg

now, if I convert the numbers over to metric that are in the beginning of the script, I should be able to run in metric mode, is that a good assumption?

That and I need to find a better, higher precision probe.
« Reply #168 on: February 10, 2011, 05:55:47 PM »
It looks like your up and running! 

I would look at all the code and make changes anywhere movement is performed when converting to mm

JH
« Reply #169 on: March 01, 2011, 10:37:58 PM »
Hey JH,
    I am trying to do as you did here with your spindle IE running the modbus control thru mach3 . You mentioned a simple rs485 to mod io adapter, can you elaborate more on this. I have a TECO sensorless vector drive model JNEV-203-h1 and it has RS485 capability. Their adapter is like $20.00 and I am trying to figure out how to wire this up and get the kind of control you exhibit here. I am using the CNC4PC C11g board currently setup with 0-10v analog.   What kind of computer side stuff did you need and how did you do this?  If you want to take this to email I would not mind at all and I could get your number and call ya if this is kinda difficult to describe. I REALLY love what you did here and especially the rigid tapping. I am currently using a Tormach tension compression tapping holder and collets on my RF45CNC and if I could get Mach to do rigid tapping( did not even know that was possible) I would be in hog heaven. Speakin' of hogs hows the shop man.,..  My email is PetefromTN@Gmail.com.... thanks in advance and peace....

Pete