Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 12:50:30 AM

Author Topic: My CNC pressbrake build  (Read 52403 times)

Re: My CNC pressbrake build
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2010, 11:38:42 PM »
Excellent work. What's the gauge of sheet and what's the bend radius.

Zafar

11 gauge steel, bent using a 1.5" lower die. I think its about a .250 radius.

Offline KTM

•  92 92
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2010, 11:03:17 AM »
You should be able to do the homing routine in Mach3
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2010, 12:16:19 AM »
Finally got some more time to mess with it. I bent up a bunch of test pieces getting everything dialed in. I bought Solidworks 2010 this week so I am trying to get the K-factor dialed in on the software. Here is a better video of the brake and a test part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38hfwvIbnjo
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2010, 01:29:49 AM »
Hi, very nice project and very impressive.

For myself, the best way to configure Solidworks for sheet metal, is to build your own Excel sheet with value you get from bending on your press.

K factor is good but very limited.

Before bending, try with a scrap piece of the same material and enter in your Excel sheet the value you got.

Best luck.

Jeff
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2010, 02:07:52 AM »
Hi, very nice project and very impressive.

For myself, the best way to configure Solidworks for sheet metal, is to build your own Excel sheet with value you get from bending on your press.

K factor is good but very limited.

Before bending, try with a scrap piece of the same material and enter in your Excel sheet the value you got.

Best luck.

Jeff

I had to go down to a k-factor of .34 on .250 and .188 HR steel to get it to hold tolerance. Should I use bend allowance instead? I am new to all this.
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2010, 02:53:30 AM »
Very impressive! Are you using proportional valves or the servo valves. What procedure did you use to tune both the valves to operate in sync. I wonder if this thing can be done with Galil motion controlers hooked with servo valves.

Zafar

Finally got some more time to mess with it. I bent up a bunch of test pieces getting everything dialed in. I bought Solidworks 2010 this week so I am trying to get the K-factor dialed in on the software. Here is a better video of the brake and a test part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38hfwvIbnjo
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2010, 11:02:16 PM »
So today I bent up my first project. This is the reason I built the brake. I have other products planned but these will be them main thing that I will be building. Even though this thing has a lot of steel bending 2ft of 1/4" still flexes the machine several thousandths. So I have to add more angle to the longer bends then the shorter ones. Not a huge problem but I still have bend some longer parts to really see.

« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2010, 12:11:10 AM »
good job, But , you'll need some more weld. lol.  :D
 Also you need the winch on the rear with an anchor, cause them Toyotas don't want to stop.

Thanks for sharing.

Ed

« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 12:14:48 AM by edvaness »
Ed VanEss
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2010, 07:58:54 AM »
Super nice work !  Start cranking out the parts man...

JH