Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:49:42 AM

Author Topic: re: Whats happened to Mach.4 update  (Read 28550 times)

Offline bowber

•  216 216
  • Kirkby Stephen,Cumbria, UK
    • View Profile
Re: re: Whats happened to Mach.4 update
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2009, 04:41:01 AM »
I'll have to look at it, but it was bought from Routout CNC (along with some drivers) about 2 years ago for £85, I seem to remember it was about the same as buying direct with exchange rates.
I'll look at it and check.

Steve

Offline bowber

•  216 216
  • Kirkby Stephen,Cumbria, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2009, 04:56:10 AM »
Just checked and my licence is letters and numbers so it must be a serialised one, there is a message at the bottom of the about box that says about getting in touch with artsoft for a peronalised licence if I want one.

I was starting to panic for a moment there :o

Steve
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2009, 07:53:12 AM »
You are all set :) They do a good job!
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2009, 10:09:25 PM »
You should have a serialized license.. That is how some of the OEM's get there license.. If your license is just ABC Automation and there are no numbers.. that could be bad.. NO ONE has a license that they can just give out.. (this is what we are trying to stop)

Thanks
Brian

Now you have me worried. I purchased my mill from Legacy complete with computer and software. The "Licensed to" field has a person's name who was probably the person at Legacy who build the system. Is this a valid license?
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2009, 10:10:24 PM »
You should have a serialized license.. That is how some of the OEM's get there license.. If your license is just ABC Automation and there are no numbers.. that could be bad.. NO ONE has a license that they can just give out.. (this is what we are trying to stop)

Thanks
Brian

Now you have me worried. I purchased my mill from Legacy complete with computer and software. The "Licensed to" field has a person's name who was probably the person at Legacy who build the system. Is this a valid license?

Probably not....  You need to check with ArtSoft.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2009, 10:28:11 PM »
That's what I am thinking. Just fired off an email to license@machsupport.com asking for clarification.