Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:50:50 AM

Author Topic: re: Whats happened to Mach.4 update  (Read 28549 times)

Re: re: Whats happened to Mach.4 update
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 11:00:53 AM »
Hi Brian
 Thanks for the information i hadn't seen any new release's heard about Mach 4 but that was all nothing in month's good to know what's going on from time to time I have 2 stand alone computers running my machine's one for a mill and one for a lathe i have had some success with cutting my parts while thinking i have it down then finding a cutting problem with another part that may be simpler in design but for an end user it's hard to know weather it's a code problem or cam interpreter problem thanks again for informing all of us whats going on i am looking forward to the new version.

Dennis   
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2009, 11:33:19 AM »
Hey Chip
On that file i talked to you about i think the problem may have been pointed out to me i will let you know if it works.

Dennis
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2009, 11:33:38 AM »
oh and thanks for the screen set.

Dennis
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2009, 03:02:42 PM »
Oh hell, while I am at it.....will Mach ever allow the use of tool numbers greater than 255 ? It has to do with my unorthodox numbering scheme :)

Well, THIS would be very useful... :)
Plz excuse my english, I'm german :-D
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2009, 03:13:12 PM »
Hello,
The licence schema is not going to limit you running your machine.. If you can't get access to an internet connection i guess that could be a problem .. but the amount of data that it will take you could do very easy over a dial-up connection ;) . I am trying to make this a painless as possible.

The G codes are going to be as they are seen in the CNC Programming Hand Book by Peter Smid. I am doing this so we are as "standard" as we can be..

Don't see the tool numbers going over 255.. that is just a MASIVE amount of tools..
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2009, 04:01:57 PM »
But it would be a very easy way to number the tools.
For example, you could number them this way:
1xx -> 1mm-cutter in any variation. For example 104 is a 1mm cutter with 4mm flute-length
2xx -> 2mm-cutter in any variation. For example 209 is a 2mm cutter with 9mm flute length
and so on.
There would be many possibilities for creating your own code for your toolsets.

And 255 tools may be enough if you only differ between the dia. and maybe rouging and smoothing-mills

But i'm using a router, a Lagun-mill and soon another router-like mill, and i'd like to use one tool-library for all machines.

There are THAT much cutter-types! I don't know the english meanings of the different types, so i write them in german:
Diamantverzahnt, Spiralverzahnt, Einschneider, Zweischneider, Dreischneider, Vierschneider, Fischschwanz, flach geschliffen, Radiusfräser, Kugelfräser and many, many more.
And all in different diameters, lengths, flute-lengths and so on... So i don't think that 255tools are that much?
I don't want to rework the tooltable every few days?

I hope you understand my english to some degree :)
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2009, 04:28:08 PM »
But it would be a very easy way to number the tools.
For example, you could number them this way:
1xx -> 1mm-cutter in any variation. For example 104 is a 1mm cutter with 4mm flute-length
2xx -> 2mm-cutter in any variation. For example 209 is a 2mm cutter with 9mm flute length
and so on.
There would be many possibilities for creating your own code for your toolsets.

And 255 tools may be enough if you only differ between the dia. and maybe rouging and smoothing-mills

But i'm using a router, a Lagun-mill and soon another router-like mill, and i'd like to use one tool-library for all machines.

There are THAT much cutter-types! I don't know the english meanings of the different types, so i write them in german:
Diamantverzahnt, Spiralverzahnt, Einschneider, Zweischneider, Dreischneider, Vierschneider, Fischschwanz, flach geschliffen, Radiusfräser, Kugelfräser and many, many more.
And all in different diameters, lengths, flute-lengths and so on... So i don't think that 255tools are that much?
I don't want to rework the tooltable every few days?

I hope you understand my english to some degree :)

I have hundreds of tools in my toolset, including one for every letter, number, and fractional drill, and multiple "logical" tools defined for each "physical" tool, so there's a separate logical tool defined for roughing, finishing, slotting, high-speed cutting, etc..  The CAM uses a very large library (hundreds of logical tools with numbers up to 1000 or more), but the POST re-numbers the tools on output, collapsing logical tools back down into physical tools, and doing it so any one job never has more than a handful of tools, always numbered sequentially starting at 1.  255 tools in Mach3 is more than plenty.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2009, 10:22:52 AM »
And what CAM are you using? And what is the price of it?
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2009, 11:23:48 AM »
And what CAM are you using? And what is the price of it?

I'm using SheetCAM TNG, with a VERY heavily customized POST, and a whole lotta Perl code to do most of the tool manipulation.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2009, 11:56:34 AM »
And you will not publish this modifications, right?
So other users would benefit of more tools in Mach ;)

It is a good idea, for sure, but how do you ensure that Tool#3 is the 5mm-cutter THIS time?
If i understand you right, Tool#3 can be ANY tool every new job? You will have to look into the code-window to ensure, right?
What if the code-window is too small to see the whole name of the tool?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 12:07:44 PM by Spartan117 »