Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:57:33 AM

Author Topic: XBox360 Controller Plugin New User Info  (Read 147396 times)

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
Re: XBox360 Controller Plugin New User Info
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2009, 12:04:43 AM »
Hi Troy,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.  If you want to jog the axes assigned to the right thumbstick, here is an example:

Assign Right Stick  - Side to Side as "Select Z Axis"
Assign Right Stick - Up and Down Axis as "Select A axis"
Assign X Btn as "Jog - Right Stick Side To Side"
Assign B Btn as "Jog + Right Stick Side To Side"
Assign Y Btn as "Jog + Right Stick UpDown"
Assign A Btn as 'Jog - Right Stick UpDown"

Now when you move the Right thumbstick, it will move at regular speed as before.  When you want to jog, you press the A, B, X or Y buttons accordingly (leave the thumbstick alone) and the axis will jog accordingly.  I may look at an alternative way of doing it after Christmas.

Lee

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2009, 01:40:49 AM »
Hi Troy and all,
I have placed a new version of the plugin in the Files section of the Yahoo group.
It is for testing.  If I get no negative reports on it then I'll have it posted to the Artsoft site in a few days.

It is in "Files > VS2005 - VS2008 > Lee's Files"

It is named Xbox360TestVer.zip

It fixes a B and C axis problem and adds a new function. If you push the left or right Thumbstick in, the thumbstick will shift into the jog mode until you press it in again.

I think it will answer the concern about jogging.

If you download it, all I ask is that you test it and let me know what you find (good or bad).

Thanks
Lee

Offline JWC

•  5 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2010, 12:30:33 PM »
I
The following is a general explanation for those who have basic questions about the XBox360 Controller.  If you are considering the XBox360 Controller plugin, hopefully, you will find this information useful.
Answers to questions I received:
1.       Microsoft makes an “Xbox360 Controller for Windows” as well as a plain Xbox360 controller.  They also make a wireless version.  They are really the same controller.  The difference is the adapters they ship with the product.  The Xbox360 controller for Windows comes with a USB adapter.  I have included some EBay pictures below.  You want to get a Microsoft brand not a Logitech or anybody else’s version.
2.       If you have an Xbox 360 you can use the wireless controller but you need to buy the little rectangular transmitter shown in the wireless pictures below.  You can find those on Ebay also.  Microsoft makes a Wireless Charger for the Xbox 360 controller.  It has a USB end.  You do not want to use that one on a pc.   It is only for use on the Xbox 360.  You cannot use an older Xbox controller.  It has to be 360.
3.       It will work off of any pc that has a USB port and can run XP or higher.
4.       It can control the jogging of all 4 axes.  The buttons can be assigned to macros.  It is a lot easier than pushing the buttons on the keyboard to jog.
5.       If you go to the Mach site and pick ”Plugins” under the “Downloads” choice.  Then go to the bottom and pick the plugin.  Also pick the setup guide.  It will give you all the info you need.  Click on the plugin and it will install itself.  All it really does is copy a file “Xbox360Controller.DLL” into the C:\Mach3\Plugins folder.  You can do the same thing by going to Lee’s files and downloading the Zip file and then unzipping it and then copying it into C:\Mach3\Plugins.
6.        Click on the blue “DirectX redistributables” link to go to Microsoft’s site.  Download and install the redistributable (even if you are running Vista or Win 7). After installing the download, you can connect the Xbox360 controller (if you are connected to the Internet) and then allow the pc to go on the net and find the driver.  If you are not connected to the net then download the “Xbox360_32Eng.exe” file and run it.  Then connect the Controller.
7.       It does not hurt to install the “DirectX redistributable” even if you do not have a 360 controller.

Thank you.
Lee

Offline JWC

•  5 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2010, 12:45:31 PM »
I INSTALLED XBOX 360 CD. WINDOWS SEES IT OK. UPDATED DIRECTX 9.0C . DOWNLOADED PLUGIN. IN MACH3/PUGINS THE FULDER IS THERE. GO TO CONFIGER PLUGINS NO XBOX 360 PROGRAM.  :(

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2010, 03:49:05 PM »
Hi,

Is the file "XBox360Controller.DLL" in the \Plugins folder?  It needs to be there before Mach can see it.  It is inside the plugin when you run the plugin.  If it is not there, try downloading and running the plugin again.  For Windows7 you may have to pick "Run As Administrator"

Lee

I INSTALLED XBOX 360 CD. WINDOWS SEES IT OK. UPDATED DIRECTX 9.0C . DOWNLOADED PLUGIN. IN MACH3/PUGINS THE FULDER IS THERE. GO TO CONFIGER PLUGINS NO XBOX 360 PROGRAM.  :(

Offline JWC

•  5 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2010, 08:16:08 AM »
HI LEE, NO DLL IN PLUGINS ONLY  M3P. TRIDED TO REDOWNLOAD NO RUN ,ONLY SAVE FILE. I AM RUNNING XP (SP3) ON A TOSHIBA SATELLITE PRO LAPTOP. IS THE LAPTOP THE PROBLEM? CAN YOU E-MAIL ME THE DLL? THANKS JWC

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2010, 12:35:16 PM »
I have uploaded the latest version to the Yahoo Mach site.  It is under Files\VS2005-VS2008\Lee's Files and is named Xbox360Controller.zip.  Just download it, expand it and copy the DLL into the \Plugins folder.  Don't worry about any folders under \Plugins

Lee

HI LEE, NO DLL IN PLUGINS ONLY  M3P. TRIDED TO REDOWNLOAD NO RUN ,ONLY SAVE FILE. I AM RUNNING XP (SP3) ON A TOSHIBA SATELLITE PRO LAPTOP. IS THE LAPTOP THE PROBLEM? CAN YOU E-MAIL ME THE DLL? THANKS JWC

Offline JWC

•  5 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2010, 01:38:07 PM »
HI LEE, THE FILE VS2005-VS2008 WORKS GRATE. THANKS JIM
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2010, 09:55:11 PM »
Could you please add MadCatz Game Pad VENDORID 0X1BAD  PRODUCTID 0XF016
I pick up a used one for 20 bucks at a local game stop.

Thank you

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2010, 12:30:58 AM »
Hi Beerman,

The MadCatx gamepad has been added. I have uploaded the latest version to the Yahoo Mach site.  It is under Files\VS2005-VS2008\Lee's Files and is named Xbox360Controller.zip.  Just download it, expand it and copy the DLL into the \Plugins folder.  Don't worry about any folders under \Plugins

Lee