Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:22:36 AM

Author Topic: XBox360 Controller Plugin New User Info  (Read 147388 times)

Re: XBox360 Controller Plugin New User Info
« Reply #140 on: January 13, 2020, 03:35:10 PM »
Hi Lee, thanks for responding so quickly.  I know he doesn't have 2 controllers so I will check to see if there is another device.  I'm not the greatest at windows so I think I should use dxdiag to check.

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 13, 2020, 04:55:07 PM »
Hi Lee, thanks for responding so quickly.  I know he doesn't have 2 controllers so I will check to see if there is another device.  I'm not the greatest at windows so I think I should use dxdiag to check.

That should work. Just look for 2 devices with the VendorId 0x45E and ProductID 0x28E. Also, Microsoft issues different versions of the driver. Sometimes you will get an update and things quick working and you have to go get the old driver.  You can check your driver version and his to see if they are the same. Along the same lines , you may have reinstall the XBox360_32(or 64)Eng and the Nov 2007 DirectX SDK. Good luck.

Offline novec

•  13 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 16, 2020, 10:31:50 AM »
I was about to say I can't even remember a time before the Xbox360 plugin - turns out I've been using it since May 2013 :-) And I can hardly imagine working without it - having full control over all axes and a bunch of customizable controls at your fingertips is a must once you've tried it.

My only gripe is that I can't easily see whether the controller is active or not. I normally deactivate it whenever it's not in my hand, so it doesn't send my mill into a death spiral when I inevitably drop it, but sometimes I forget. Is there something simple like an OEMLED or UserLED I can add to my screenset?

I'm working off the screenset made by Physics Anonymous, btw. Definitely worth checking out: https://youtu.be/7o_V_1AIaXE

Offline DanJ

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 16, 2020, 05:26:47 PM »
Hello,
I'm getting an error "XBox360Controller.dll Defective Plugin Found - Ignoring"

I spoke to someone at Mach Support who suggested the Plugin may not work with Win10. It worked last week but I had to completely wipe my hard drive and reinstall.

I'm using Mach version .062 because it was recommended by the SmoothStepper folks and a wireless Microsoft Xbox controller.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance,
Dan
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 05:28:53 PM by DanJ »

Offline DanJ

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 18, 2020, 12:44:20 PM »
Hello,
I'm getting an error "XBox360Controller.dll Defective Plugin Found - Ignoring"

I spoke to someone at Mach Support who suggested the Plugin may not work with Win10. It worked last week but I had to completely wipe my hard drive and reinstall.

I'm using Mach version .062 because it was recommended by the SmoothStepper folks and a wireless Microsoft Xbox controller.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance,
Dan
Any thoughts?
I am running DirectX 12 which was probably from the complete reinstall of Win10.
Xbox driver is 10.0.19041.1 WinBuild 160101.0800
As I said I have a genuine Xbox wireless controller.

I really, really miss the Xbox controller. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Dan

Offline novec

•  13 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 18, 2020, 01:47:49 PM »
You still have to install DirectX 9, as it has some components that are changed or not included in later versions. I think I installed this one when I set up a new Win10 machine last week: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Offline DanJ

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 18, 2020, 02:32:45 PM »
You still have to install DirectX 9, as it has some components that are changed or not included in later versions. I think I installed this one when I set up a new Win10 machine last week: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
Thank you, I'd like to give that a try but all my searches from Microsoft say you can't. Obviously that's not true but I don't know which website instructions to trust. Can you tell me how you did it?

Thank you,
Dan

Offline novec

•  13 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 18, 2020, 03:28:28 PM »
There was nothing to it, really. Just remember that it's a two step process - the downloaded executable just unzips everything to a folder you specify, then you open that folder and run the install file. I didn't realize that before I'd downloaded three or four different versions... Which also means I'm not entirely sure which version I ended up installing.

Offline DanJ

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 18, 2020, 03:30:43 PM »
There was nothing to it, really. Just remember that it's a two step process - the downloaded executable just unzips everything to a folder you specify, then you open that folder and run the install file. I didn't realize that before I'd downloaded three or four different versions... Which also means I'm not entirely sure which version I ended up installing.
hahaha, good stuff.

So you just downloaded an old version and Win10 let you install it instead of 12? Cool.

Thank you,
Dan

Offline DanJ

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 18, 2020, 04:25:18 PM »
So that didn't work. I used your link and was asked where it should go - odd, right? I found something on MS website that said to put it anywhere in the computer so I did. But, it didn't help.

I'm running version .062 because it's what SmoothStepper recommended. Should I go further into the post to use the Xbox controller?

Another interesting thing. I tried the Xbox Shilling and it fails too.

Thank you,
Dan