Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:47:53 PM

Author Topic: XBox360 Controller Plugin New User Info  (Read 147418 times)

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
Re: XBox360 Controller Plugin New User Info
« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2018, 05:31:06 PM »
If you try and configure a button you will see a number of choices. I would likely have to add it as an option. I don't have a touch probe so I don't know how it is fired. Please explain exactly everything about it that you can think of. For example, how is it installed, what make/mfg is it, when the probe touches the bed what occurs. If I can get enough info to figure out what Mach3 is doing with it then I may be able to watch for that code and handle it. Then it could be added as an option. The only other thing I can think of is for you to write a custom Macro (1-3) and then you can assign it to a button.

Lee
« Reply #131 on: August 04, 2018, 07:55:36 AM »
Basically you attach 5v from a bob to the plate and the router bit is grounded.
When it touches the  plate, it accounts for the thickness of the plate and sets a zero for the work surface.  I know technically that doesn't tell you much but that is basically how it works. I have been starting it using the mouse and clicking on the start arrow. 
I know your busy, if its not something simply don't spend allot  of time on it. Just though
it might be something simple I was overlooking. Thanks again for the reply.
Richard
« Reply #132 on: February 28, 2019, 10:39:18 PM »
Hi Lee,

I'm having a strange problem with the Lee Davis XBOX 360 Controller plugin for Mach3.
I'm using an official Xbox 360 wireless controller and an official Xbox 360 PC Adapter for Windows (I'm using Windows XP SP3)
I have programmed the Xbox joystick controls for XYZ movements and programmed many of the buttons for things like Auto-Zero, Home Reference, Reset, Park, Tool Change, etc.
All of the controls on the controller work fine when I start up Mach3, until I drive into a limit switch. After I hit a limit switch (and manually reset Mach3 using the RESET button on the computer screen), all of the programmed buttons no longer work, except for the XYZ joysticks and the left and right trigger controls (for XY & Z speed control).
I tried manually tripping the limit switches, but this did not cause the buttons to stop working (and I could use the Xbox controller to reset Mach3). It's only when I DRIVE into a limit switch that the problem occurs and the buttons go completely dead.
Once I run into a limit switch, the controller buttons will no longer work and the only way to get them working again is to restart Mach3. Restarting Mach3 is easy enough to do, but if you are in the middle of a CNC job you will lose all your references!
I am using the '2010 Screenset', so I tried switching from that to the Mach3 standard screenset, but that did not change the problem.

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 06, 2019, 01:36:08 AM »
Hi Lee,

I'm having a strange problem with the Lee Davis XBOX 360 Controller plugin for Mach3.
I'm using an official Xbox 360 wireless controller and an official Xbox 360 PC Adapter for Windows (I'm using Windows XP SP3)
I have programmed the Xbox joystick controls for XYZ movements and programmed many of the buttons for things like Auto-Zero, Home Reference, Reset, Park, Tool Change, etc.
All of the controls on the controller work fine when I start up Mach3, until I drive into a limit switch. After I hit a limit switch (and manually reset Mach3 using the RESET button on the computer screen), all of the programmed buttons no longer work, except for the XYZ joysticks and the left and right trigger controls (for XY & Z speed control).
I tried manually tripping the limit switches, but this did not cause the buttons to stop working (and I could use the Xbox controller to reset Mach3). It's only when I DRIVE into a limit switch that the problem occurs and the buttons go completely dead.
Once I run into a limit switch, the controller buttons will no longer work and the only way to get them working again is to restart Mach3. Restarting Mach3 is easy enough to do, but if you are in the middle of a CNC job you will lose all your references!
I am using the '2010 Screenset', so I tried switching from that to the Mach3 standard screenset, but that did not change the problem.
I also had similar problem to yours but only on Windows 7.
1. I now avoid hitting the physical  limit switches by ALSO setting up SOFT LIMITs just a few mm before the limit switches so that softlimits (usually on) will trigger before the physical limit switches.
2. I had also increased the lookahead buffer from 20 to 200. That strangely improved the stability of the Xbox controller buttons probably because with more memory reserved, the Xbox plug-in memory does not get overwritten so often.
"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"
« Reply #134 on: March 06, 2019, 10:35:19 AM »
Reuelt, thanks for the response. I have tried increasing the Look Ahead buffer to 200, but it didn't seem to make any difference. However, your suggestion about the Soft Limits is probably going to help. The last time I had to re-image my CNC computer, I think I turned OFF the Soft Limits feature. I'll turn that back on and set the limits a couple mm less, as you suggested. Thanks!

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 15, 2019, 06:43:07 AM »

There is one thing you may be able to help me with. I have optioned all the buttons but I cant figure out how to option the controller to work the z axis touch probe. Any advice on how to get it working would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Richard
Here is how I do it.
Operator | Edit button Script and select [Auto Tool Zero]

I have the following script there:
CurrentFeed = GetOemDRO(818) 'Get the current feedrate to return to later
CurrentAbsInc = GetOemLED(48) 'Get the current G90/G91 state
CurrentGmode = GetOemDRO(819) 'Get the current G0/G1 state

If GetOemLed (825)=0 Then 'Check to see if the probe is already grounded or faulty
DoOEMButton (1010) 'zero the Z axis so the probe move will start from here
Code "G4 P3" ' this delay gives me time to get from computer to hold probe in place
Code "G90 G31Z-100. F100" 'probing move, can set the feed rate here as well as how far to move
While IsMoving() 'wait while it happens
Wend
ZProbePos = GetOEMDRO(85) 'get the exact point the probe was hit
Code "G0 Z" &ZProbePos 'go back to that point, always a very small amount of overrun
While IsMoving ()
Wend
Call SetDro (2, 19.8 ) ' change 19.8mm to your plate thickness and then adjust for final accuracy
Sleep 100 'Pause for Dro to update.
Code "G1 Z25. F200" 'put the Z retract height 25mm you want here, must be greater than the touch plate thickness
While IsMoving ()
Wend
Code "(Z axis is now zeroed)" 'puts this message in the status bar
Code "F" &CurrentFeed 'Returns to prior feed rate
Else
Code "(Z-Plate is grounded, check connection and try again)" 'this goes in the status bar if applicable
End If
If CurrentAbsInc = 0 Then 'if G91 was in effect before then return to it
Code "G91"
End If
If CurrentGMode = 0 Then 'if G0 was in effect before then return to it
Code "G0"
End If   

Now I copy this script into a new custom Macro named M798.m1s full path C:\Mach3\macros\Mach3Mill\M798.m1s
Now I config |config plugin | xbox360.....
with the config as attached

Now the A button on the xbox controller is ALSO an [AUTO TOOL ZERO] button.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 06:45:28 AM by reuelt »
"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"
« Reply #136 on: December 17, 2019, 04:49:46 PM »
Hi folks,

Weird issue here. Using an aftermarket 360 controller and running off a CNCDrive AXBB-E. Everything works just fine, except the jog rate is very slow and does not change based off  jog rate% or feed rate in Mach3. Is there a setting or something I can change? Specifically it will only do 2.29inch/min. I've tried calibrating the controller in windows.

Thanks
« Reply #137 on: January 13, 2020, 01:45:56 PM »
Good day all,

Trying to help a friend whose WinXp box went down and now has a win10 box.  I have been able to remote in and set up mach3 and get it to run.  He and I use to have the xBox360controller on XP machines and loved the way Lee allowed us to set it up.  I have a win10 machine now so I can help him out.

I have installed the latest version and the vendor and product id's show up in the boxes in both his and mine.  I get no errors when I load Mach3 and the plugin is registered and has a green check mark.  The buttons are configured the way we used to have them.

The problem.  I can get my controller to work with win10 and Mach3 but his does not.  The wireless controller for him is always connecting to the upper right instead of the upper left.  I thought I read somewhere that it must connect to the upper left.

Thoughts on what is causing his to connect upper right and does it make a difference?  Any other thoughts as to why his is not connecting?

TIA

RT

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 13, 2020, 02:25:28 PM »
Good day all,

Trying to help a friend whose WinXp box went down and now has a win10 box.  I have been able to remote in and set up mach3 and get it to run.  He and I use to have the xBox360controller on XP machines and loved the way Lee allowed us to set it up.  I have a win10 machine now so I can help him out.

I have installed the latest version and the vendor and product id's show up in the boxes in both his and mine.  I get no errors when I load Mach3 and the plugin is registered and has a green check mark.  The buttons are configured the way we used to have them.

The problem.  I can get my controller to work with win10 and Mach3 but his does not.  The wireless controller for him is always connecting to the upper right instead of the upper left.  I thought I read somewhere that it must connect to the upper left.

Thoughts on what is causing his to connect upper right and does it make a difference?  Any other thoughts as to why his is not connecting?

TIA

RT

If you have 1 controller connected, then the upper left light is on meaning this controller is number one. If you connect a second one then the upper right light is the only one on etc. This is for Windows not Mach. So, it looks like the remote user has a Windows 10 that thinks it is the 2nd controller. Why - could be that he has 2 controllers hooked up. Could be that he has another device that Windows thinks is a controller. The device manager should indicate if there are 2 devices.
It doesn't matter id 1 controller is wireless and the other is wired.
Lee

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2020, 02:36:12 PM »
Hi folks,

Weird issue here. Using an aftermarket 360 controller and running off a CNCDrive AXBB-E. Everything works just fine, except the jog rate is very slow and does not change based off  jog rate% or feed rate in Mach3. Is there a setting or something I can change? Specifically it will only do 2.29inch/min. I've tried calibrating the controller in windows.

Thanks

Don't know if I can be much help on that but I would suggest trying a true Microsoft XBox360 controller first. My guess is that the range of the joystick (thumbstick) motion is set too low. In calibration, you should be able to see the coordinates (Raw Data).
The range is 0 to 64K. Your joystick (thumbstick) may have a lower range.
Lee