Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:59:56 AM

Author Topic: XBox360 Controller Plugin New User Info  (Read 147456 times)

Re: XBox360 Controller Plugin New User Info
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2012, 04:53:34 PM »
Thanks Lee for the quick response.  When I first tried the controller with Z on the RH LR stick the speed was fine, when I assigned Z to UD on the same stick it was slow, OK again when reassigned to LR.  So after your post I tried the calibration routine and it looked fine, no difference between LR and UD directions on RH stick.  But I must have changed something because now the UD direction does nothing at all!  So looks like I'll have to continue with Z assigned to LR on the RH stick.

I've also fired up Mach3Turn with the controller, again it's great.

A nice feature if you do another release would be to assign a button to "tab" so the jog screen flies out.

Cheers,

John.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 04:56:46 PM by JohnHaine »

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2012, 07:37:04 PM »
Hi John,

All I can say for sure is that it is not a plugin problem.  If the controller works fine on Mach Lathe, then the controller and  software are fine.  It could be Mach itself.  You may have to reinstall Mach itself. But, before doing that, I would suggest installing Mach (lockdown version not Beta) on another pc and trying it.

I like the idea of adding the tab and will do so.

Good luck
Lee
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2012, 10:24:51 AM »
Yes, it's weird - the RH joystick works fine with Turn but totally unresponsive on Mill.  I have been meaning to reinstall the latest version of Mach anyway so will give it a try.  Glad my feature suggestion was useful!

John.
« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2012, 06:00:43 AM »
Hi Lee, just to say that I have just installed the latest lockdown Mach version and the XBOX plugin and it now works perfectly.

Thanks,

John.
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2012, 01:42:45 AM »
Hi Lee
I am trying to install the plugin and cant get it to install itself when i click on it, when I click the screen flashes and then goes back to normal?
Will
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2013, 12:03:34 PM »
I can't fine AjaxVer2.zip. would someone have the address or post a download? Thanks
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2014, 01:52:12 PM »
First, awesome plug-in.  I love the functionality I now have while not standing in front of my computer with my fingers on the keys.

Second, is there a way the authors of these plugins can be tossed a few bucks.  This is a top notch plug-in and this type of innovation is perfect for the hobbyist machinist. I'd like to be able to help support it so it doesn't go away.

And lastly, my question.  I've configured the left thumb stick for X and Y axis.  The right is currently configured for side to side for the Z axis.  For me up down for the right thumb stick seems more intuitive than left right.  In other words pushing forward seems obvious to me for 'raise quill' and pushing down for 'lower quill'.  I'm afraid I'll get near the part and want to jog Z up and won't remember if left is up or right is up.

So, I changed the config so the right thumb stick left right is A (not currently used) and up/down is the Z.  However, now I find that the Z moves pretty slowly compared to the X and Y.  I'm assuming this is because you probably don't want to rapid a rotary table at the same speed as a normal axis.

Should it rapid the same?  And, if not, is there a way to make it so it rapids a bit faster than it currently does?

Thanks,

Mark
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2014, 05:59:37 PM »
Mine rapids the same.
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2014, 09:56:36 PM »
Hello I am having trouble using an xbox controller.  I am using a wireless unit with a microsoft antenna.  I have loaded xbox360_32eng.exe on the mach 3 folder, but i only get the joystick option from  config. plugins.  The left joystick of the controller will move in x and y only, no other functions work when in mach.  when i go to control panel, game controller, all the xbox functions work.  How do i get the xbox to load as an option for my config. plugins in mach? thanks for any advise.  Lowell
« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2014, 01:55:16 PM »
Got a question.  Trying to incorporate the plugin with my system but having issues.  Read the PDF and it states to install .Net 3.5 in the table of contents, but in the instructions it's only 2.0

Also, WinXP won't allow directX above 9.0C.  Would that cause my plugin to fail and be ignored upon load of Mach3?