Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:18:25 AM

Author Topic: XBox360 Controller Plugin New User Info  (Read 147454 times)

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
Re: XBox360 Controller Plugin New User Info
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2010, 10:55:53 AM »
Hi Eric,

Your welcome.  Run it through its paces and keep me posted.  If you find nothing else wrong in the next week or so, then I'll have it uploaded as a new version to the Mach plugin page.

Lee
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2010, 07:41:36 AM »
a basic question. does the 360 controller output analog data for the axis's ?

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2010, 11:39:58 AM »
The XBox360 controller thumbsticks are analog.  My plugin uses them as analog.

Note to all: New plugin has been posted.................
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2010, 01:42:35 PM »
WOW ! that is some job you did. I love my new controller system. Thanks.  One question. I bought a Radio Shack Wired Controller.  there is a deadband on my thumbsticks , near the center. Is there a way to see the 'analog' output values coming into the mach3, perhaps on a DRO or from VB ? , and is there a way to adjust that deadband ?

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2010, 03:53:25 PM »
Thank you for the kind words.  The answer to your question is :
Yes it is possible. But that capability is not available in the current version.  I'll think about putting it a future version.  That does not mean that the values would be adjustable just viewable.  You should compare your controller with a friends XBox360 controller.   You may find that the XBox360 controller range and dead zone is more to your liking.  The XBox360 controller is set so that when it is pushed all the way, Mach is running at full speed (same as keyboard).  If you want to go slower, you can always set the "Slow Jog Rate" (usually on Mach's Diagnostics page) to somewhere around 50% (or whatever you like). Remember Trigger overrides Slow Jog.

Later
Lee

Offline Haik

•  71 71
  • MachUser
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2010, 12:32:00 AM »
Wonderful and Awesome!!  Your concept for using the Xbox controller as a pendant and your design and engineering of the plugin make for a hassle-free and enjoyable setup.  In use the Xbox controller is responsive and has enough surface area (sticks, switches, etc.) to provide extended remote control of my large format CNC Router.
Anyone reading this should give the Xbox controller a try... I had tried profusely to get Pokeys/PoPendant 1 to work well and the reality is their interface is not up to the job of running a pendant on my machine and the latency was just scary at times.

I do have a question; I'm wanting a controller that has the smoothest and most progressive feel in its sticks. Which brand/model controller do you recommend (Microsoft, MadCatz, etc.)?

Thank you very much!

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2010, 12:43:15 AM »
Thank you for the kind words.  I suggest Microsoft. That is what I use and it moves smoothly.  I have not tried any of the others so I cannot give you a valid comparison.  Perhaps someone who has tried the other controls will offer some input.

Lee
Xbox 360 plugin is the best
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2010, 11:14:03 AM »
Hi Lee,

Your Xbox 360 controller plugin is too good. I have designed a few screens and macros to utilize it. I use it to center a job on my mill and the screens help me manipulate the dro's from a distance. I can zero an axis and make it's value half (handy for centering a job) with it. Here are the screenshots. If anyone is interested, I can upload the screen sets and the macros. Please note that these screens don't give the full functionality of Mach3 as in 1024 screen set. I have designed them keeping in mind the functions I use on my mill.

Zafar

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2010, 11:35:49 AM »
Hi Zafar,

Sounds interesting.  Please upload them and let us know where you put them. I will take a look at it.

Thanks
Lee
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2010, 11:16:51 PM »
I've uploaded the screen set. You can download it from http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,14049.msg101605.html#msg101605

Zafar

Hi Zafar,

Sounds interesting.  Please upload them and let us know where you put them. I will take a look at it.

Thanks
Lee