Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:09:54 PM

Author Topic: MachScreen releases  (Read 147183 times)

Re: MachScreen releases
« Reply #110 on: October 06, 2017, 12:06:38 PM »
Hello Klaus,

Thanks You are a great one.

Roberto
« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2018, 07:13:10 AM »
I released version V1.69 of MachScreen. The views of "User Defined LED's, "User Defined Buttons" and "User Defined DRO's" can now be sorted by clicking the column field.

Klaus
The brain isn't a soap, it doesn't shrink when used.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2018, 12:31:54 PM »
Thanks for the work you do. I personally appreciate the effort.

RICH
« Reply #113 on: May 14, 2018, 10:02:23 PM »
Klauss...hi!!!

I have learned a lot and greatly improved the use of my Mach3, with your add-ons, plug-ins and software.
You are awesome!!

But there is something that is leaving me crazy, but it is probably because I do not know how to use MachScreen.

So, I bought the 2010 Screenset form ger21, with his PS files to use them as learning to make my own Screenset.
At first I started editing a copy of ger21's screenset to understand the methodology he used, which by the way, is worth every penny. Thanks ger21!
First I added an image with transparent background, it worked.
Then I added text, the background was transparent, perfect.
But at some point, something happened due to an error, and I do not understand why, but the transparencies were no longer visible, instead they began to see a solid color on the background.

What are the general rules or suggestions to use transparencies of images and texts correctly?
Is it convenient to add the background to the beginning or end? Should I add the buttons before or after the background? And what about the texts?

When I add an image, image button, or label, I no longer get them to be transparent. At first it worked, but I think I messed it up when swap layers.

Another thing, when I add an image button or label, these are above the background, but when I add an image is below the background image. So, then I apply the solution to swap layers, and I think that was the origin of the mess.

Can you tell me where to learn a little more about all this?

Anyway, everything you've done is incredible.

Thank you!!
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2018, 04:12:47 AM »
Hi Esteb

did you swap the layer using the context menu(right button)? If so, try the following:
make sure multi-selection is on (second icon from the right of the toolbar) showing "M"
hit the spot where all of your controls overlap. A list pops up with the overlaying controls
when hovering over the "Control element" column, the corrisponding element frame is highlighted
select the element and drag it to the display level you want (drag and drop).

If that doesn't work, perhaps you could send me your screenset for further investigation.

Klaus
« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2018, 12:10:19 AM »
Klauss, I started from scrath, so no issues by now.

I just wan't to ask you where I can find more information aboute Standart and OEM codes, descriptions, examples, etc.

Thanks!!
« Reply #116 on: May 16, 2018, 03:08:34 AM »

Hi,
for general description a good place is Mach3Wiki      http://www.machsupport.com/Mach3Wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
another good place is                                            http://www.machsupport.com/help-learning/product-manuals/
on my site "Mach3ScreenDesigner"                          http://www.kd-dietz.com/klausphp/index_eng.html
you'll find tutorials and videos

Klaus
« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2018, 03:02:32 PM »
Thanks Klaus, of course I've seen your videos and your PowerPoint, I've come this far thanks to that and the forum.

I'm asking you some questions that I really do not find answers elsewhere

1) What is DRO Tabbing? Some DROs have 0, 1, 2 or 4. Does this have to do with whether or not they allow manually entering values ​​in them? If not, how can I make a DRO NOT ALLOW manual entry values, only show information?

2) This question has to do with my initial doubt, regarding the transparencies. I took my time and studied several screensets, and I can't come to a certain conclusion.
A label, if it contains text, has a transparent background, but if it contains a system label, it takes the selected color as background. Why? Because of Mach3?
I want to have a transparent background in all labels, text, Errors, Mode, UserLabels, File, etc.
In wiki, talks about color 254,254,254 for 24-bit RGB bitmaps, Mach3 takes it as transparent, does not that apply to the rest of the objects?

3) I need to show the description of the tool, I found in the forum a system label called TOOLDESC for it, it works the first time, but it is not updated when changing the tool. Do you know something about it?

4) The following error, I found it also in Gerry's 2010 screenset, the LED of the Spindle, it turns on but it does not turn off.
This is my properties for that LED:
Function: Spindle CW LED
OEM-Code: 11
Event/Input/Output: Led output
Color: Led green
Blink: no
Red/Green LED: no
It's a 64x32 png LED, half says ON, and another half says off. There is something wrong?

I'm still working, thanks a lot!!

Esteb

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #118 on: May 16, 2018, 09:36:53 PM »
4) The following error, I found it also in Gerry's 2010 screenset, the LED of the Spindle, it turns on but it does not turn off.
This is my properties for that LED:
Function: Spindle CW LED
OEM-Code: 11
Event/Input/Output: Led output
Color: Led green
Blink: no
Red/Green LED: no
It's a 64x32 png LED, half says ON, and another half says off. There is something wrong?

There is no error in the 2010 Screenset, unless it's been edited.

I just opened the .set file in Machscreen, and the settings are the same as you posted.
One thing to be aware of is the there is a transparent button on top of the LED, and if they get out of order, it may not display correctly.

I don't use Machscreen, so I don't know the best way to layer the button and LED so they are in the correct order (Button on top).
I created the screen using Screen 4, and was very careful about the order of item creation and placement.

If the screen has not been edited, and you are seeing an issue with the spindle LED, it may be that your spindle is not set up correctly, or it could even be a corrupt .xml file.

I get a lot of .xml files from other people, and have seen issues, where the spindle LED would not turn off. But I'm not actually running a machine, so I'm assuming it's a setup or .xml error.

There are a few thousand 2010 screenset users, and the spindle LED has never been a problem for anyone. If your spindle actually starts and stops, then the LED should be tuirning off when the spindle stops.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #119 on: May 16, 2018, 09:39:06 PM »
Also, if you are running Mach3 without the parallel port driver, the LED may not work correctly. Many Mach3 functions rely on the parallel port driver, or a motion controller plugin, to work properly.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html