Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:31:17 PM

Author Topic: MachScreen releases  (Read 147191 times)

Re: MachScreen releases
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2010, 10:11:27 AM »
Hi dunkers

what OS are you using?. The dll should be deleted from the machscreen dir and installled in the windows\system32 dir. You need to have admin rights, for installing, if you don't, the installation fails. As a workaround you can copy the dll from the machscreen dir to the windows\system32 dir. If this doesn't help, or if you cannot find the dll please let me know, and I send you the dll.

Klaus
The brain isn't a soap, it doesn't shrink when used.
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2010, 11:47:51 AM »
Thanks for the info. I installed into W2K-SP4 and got the message there, but also Mach Screen popped up some other message implying the OS wasn't up to date. I then copied everything to Windows 7 and got the same original message.

I just checked the W2K install and the dll is in system32 as you suggest. I copied that to the W7 setup and it works fine there, though still gives an error on W2K.

Thanks very much. Great program :)
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2010, 01:44:35 PM »
Hello

Version V1.44 is available. New features added:

Elements from page 0(Global) can now be assigned to any valid page number. Select the element from page 0 and change Global parameter to ‘no’ and select the new page number from the listbox.

When a element is locked for mouse move it is now no more selectable. To unlock it, you can use the standard menu “Edit” or context menu (right mouse button)  -> unlock single element.  To keep the number of the shown selected items small, you can set filters in the type list. If more than 1 element should be unlocked, select the items and press OK.  To unlock 1 element you can either select the item and press OK, or doubleclick the item.

Klaus
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2010, 06:53:52 AM »
Klaus,

Is it possible to have grids in machscreen for ease of placement of objects. Or is it already there and I am too dumb to know :). I am downloading v1.44 and will give it a try for the new screen I have to develop. Thanks for the excellent support for your software.

Zafar
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2010, 08:06:09 AM »
Hi Zafar

right now, there are no grids. But you can align your elements with the align - left, right, top, bottum, same size, same height, same width feature. Just select the elements you want to align and click the desired align icon, or menu point. All elements are aligned corresponding to the master-selected element.

Klaus
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2010, 03:20:56 AM »
Klaus,
I'd like to ask you to rethink this change about "locked for mouse movement".

Logically, "locked for mouse movement" means that you have marked an  object as not movable on the screen (until it is unlocked). This is a very common thing to do - when you get an object where you want it, you want it to stay put and not get accidentally moved.

However, "not movable" is a totally different concept from the concept of "not selectable". I find the two concepts independent.
In v1.44 these two concepts are now forced to be the same. This creates a pretty serious problem from my viewpoint. If an object is not selectable, it can not be selected - sounds obvious right? But if you can't select it, you also can't see it's properties - as you can only see the properties of an object **after** you have selected it.

This effectively means that "not movable" == "not selectable" == "properties are not viewable".

Even on parts of screens sets I have "finished", it is very common to go select an object so I can see it's properties - for example to see what the name of the bitmap image is for the object.
With v1.44, suddenly I can't look a the properties of most of my screen objects - just because they were already "locked for mouse movement".   :'(

I think I understand that the goal for the feature was to have a way to have fewer things to choose from in the selection list.

I would like to suggest that a better approach, (one that would still provide the "shrink the number of select choices" goal), would to be to make a new, separate, independent attribute for objects - let's call the new attribute "not selectable". The default for this new attribute should be "selectable" - so that it does not change the way existing screen sets are displayed.

If you did this, I think you could have the new "not selectable" feature without the unfortunate side effect of the current implementation.

This will also require that one carefully think through all the details of all the ways that you can select objects.
here are some examples:
Select all: It is important that "Select **all**" really does select everything - it should ignore the "not selectable" attribute.

Select by rectangle: Should this method select the "not selectable" objects? I could make arguments for both yes and no.

Multiple selects by control and multiple mouse clicks: Is it possible to do this sequence:
click object 1, hold control, go select object 2, find is is not selectable, so make it selectable, then select it, and then go on without loosing the previously selected objects and add more objects to the selection set?

If all this can thought out, and be made to work intuitively, great.
If not, I'd personally prefer to see "can't select locked for movement objects" removed from MS until such time as it can be well thought out and then fully designed.

Dave

Select by boxing anI don't care
Dave

Hello

Version V1.44 is available. New features added:

When a element is locked for mouse move it is now no more selectable. To unlock it, you can use the standard menu “Edit” or context menu (right mouse button)  -> unlock single element.  To keep the number of the shown selected items small, you can set filters in the type list. If more than 1 element should be unlocked, select the items and press OK.  To unlock 1 element you can either select the item and press OK, or doubleclick the item.

Klaus
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 03:36:43 AM by DaveCVI »
Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2010, 06:52:14 AM »
Hi Dave.

I don't have much experience in designing screen-sets (I'm still busy converting my mill to CNC). I can follow your arguments. Every user has different preferences and it is impossible to satisfy everybody's wishes. As you say, in some cases there is not just one solution to be right. It would be interesting for me, what other users think about:
Select all :
select really all, or select all except the unselectable
Select by rectangle:
select really all, or select all except the unselectable
Quote  “Multiple selects by control and multiple mouse clicks: Is it possible to do this sequence:
click object 1, hold control, go select object 2, find is is not selectable, so make it selectable, then select it, and then go on without loosing the previously selected objects and add more objects to the selection set?”
This solution would need a major change in program-code, at the moment I will not implement that.
If some of you don't want to give their opinion here in the forum, please feel free to send me an email. You'll find my email address on my homepage -> contact, in my profile, or from MachScreen Help - >email.

Klaus

Klaus
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 07:39:00 AM by Klaus1311 »

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2010, 07:56:33 AM »
I agree with Dave. I'd rather not have an "unselectable" It was fine the way it was.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2010, 07:59:51 AM »
+1 Fine the way it was.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2010, 09:28:24 AM »
Hello

Version V1.43.2 is available.

I added a few things.

If righth-mouse button is clicked while script editing, Mach- and Basic functions and their parameters with the required version are shown in a dialog. Depending on the setting, either all functions, or only functions for a defined Mach version will be shown. The selected Mach version is shown in the info line on bottom of the edit-window. When a function is double clicked, the function is inserted at the current caret pos.
New functions for version 42.30 and 43.06 added.

Klaus