Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:50:50 AM

Author Topic: Mitsubishi HF-SE Ac servos and drives.  (Read 24096 times)

Re: Mitsubishi HF-SE Ac servos and drives.
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 04:31:44 AM »
i tested my galil 1750 last night  with mitsubishi j2 series drive. both in step mode (position) and analogue (speed)
in speed mode setup as below
first of all in speed the motor vibrated like hell when switched on. changing kd to 1 instead of 6 in galil tuning sorted this straight away.
i left the default encoder passthrough counts as 4000 quadriture on the mitsubishi. only used a b a nd z encoder outputs
all i can say is what a combination! so smoothe !!!
using the tell error function at any time during motion it was never ahead or behind by more than a few encoder counts. as soon as it stopped the motor always -1 counts so absolutely spot on and in position! (i ran full speed range on the servo with accelerations / dec from 0 to 2 seconds)
conclusion?  amazing combination!
with so many really cheap yaskawa and mitsubishi drives and motors on ebay why bother with old dc stuff you have to try to attatch encoders to etc. obviously unless refitting an old dc drive machine. if you find during a refit or later that one of the old dc drives is a let down, go for the mistsi as a replacement!
if its not broken yet, fit more gadgets!

Offline cnc-it

•  153 153
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 05:26:20 PM »
Thanks for the feedback batwell, nice to hear someone trying the J2 drives..lots available on Ebay I've noticed.
Are you putting them on a mill..?
John
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 07:21:55 PM »
i buy any mitsi i can get cheap on ebay. mr-h, j2, or j2s . they are all good! the h series have to be hard wired as plugs are virtually impossible to find!
i started off with 2 mr-h series 2kw drives for £10 each which got me intrigued so i had to learn about them, and man there was a huge learning curve!
the hardest thing is making a pair as there are loads of drives and loads of motors coming up all the time. the mitsubishi drives are motor wattage specific and not forward compatible. so a j2 wont drive a mfs or kfs series motor but are backward compatible so the j2s series will happily drive a mf or kf motor etc. they use serial encoders which transmit model and motor info so a wrong combination just shows an error alarm.
the encoder passthrough is a great way to slave servos too without using further outputs from mach etc, with the j2s this can be done serially too!
the older motors have resolutions as low as 8192/rev the newer motors up to 15 bit. (130000 odd)  either has plenty of resolution for mach/ galil mills etc
i probably have a collection of over 100 "pairs" here now ranging from 053 to 2kw sizes.
up to 750 watts can be run from single phase 230volts. higher than that your into 3 phase.
i got fed up losing steps on a mini boxford lathe so i fitted servos 053 with j2s drives (£100 per pair roughly) total accuracy now!
the 2kw drives i have will be going into my refit of a 3metre biesse router but im setting it all up using the old dc stuff with galil first so i can still use the old controller until its done! this old 1993 machine has 500ppr encoders and still gives pretty good accuracy. by the way 2kw is the output of the starter motor on my mercedes sprinter so you can imagine the torque these things produce!
the 400 watt size are great for a medium sized router , plasma etc. if work didnt keep getting in my way i would have my plasma table finished by now!

Offline cnc-it

•  153 153
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2009, 02:14:01 PM »
I know what you mean about things getting in the way!! I have a Galil DMC 8 axis pci card sitting here..just wish I could find more time to get it set up on something..
John
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 04:46:37 AM »
yesterday i set up some cheapie ebay yaskawa sgd s drives. couldnt be simpler!
started with all drive parameters as standard apart from setting 300rpm per volt
with all the pid on galil set to 0 letting the drive tuning take over. (although my drives arent tuned quite right yet as i was bench running them they were holding around 1 to 2 encoder counts off. which is a little annoying in mach as the 4th decimal place dithers a bit)
another very smooth combination. im sure once the servos are auto tuned correcltly they will be nearly as nice as the mistsubishi (but cheaper)
the only thing id say against the yaskawa is the requirement of an external 24v for the i/o whereas the mitsubishi has this onboard.
thanks to artsoft mach and galil we can all have totally accurate fully closed loop control now. thanks for all your hard work guys!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 04:48:26 AM by battwell »

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2010, 12:29:53 AM »
The Yaskawa stuff is pretty nice,isn't it?  :)

Offline cnc-it

•  153 153
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2011, 03:33:06 PM »
Hi I have managed to aquire a set of 3 Mits MR-J2-40C-S100 drives and 3 HC-MF43K-EU servos.

I'd like to run them with a Galil card but I can't seem to work out what command signal they require.

They only seem to take a manual pulse Generator input on the CN1A terminal or can have a simple set of commands downloaded to them via RS232 or RS484 through the CN3 terminal. Maybe I should have the general purpose A series instead of the C series?

The manual says these are the same spec as the A General purpose series with "added functions" Can I set parameters to change the functions of the pins on the CN1A terminal?

It says in the manual that it will accept a "Differential line driver or open collector system"

Thanks John
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 03:38:26 PM by cnc-it »
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 04:17:51 AM »
ooh. was this the set off ebay?
the 40c series are the point to point programable motion drives, pretty sure when i tested one (could have been cp model) i couldnt get it to work in general form.
also the s100 means its a weird one. much harder to find info on.

the mf-43 motors (not mfs43) require  mr-j2-40a drive or mr-j2s-40a to work with mach.
they can be used with normal step/direction with mach in open loop (but closed loop in the drive which works perfectly) or in torque mode with the galil for closed loop operation.

if these were the ones on ebay uk i did enquire with the seller how they should interface but he quoted me about the analogue overide not the analogue input.
by the way for the 43 power motors you must get 40a drives or thy wont be compatible and will throw an error when connected.
if you get some and need help setting parameters etc get in touch with me. if your stuck for some for an immediate job i have loads of mitsubishi in stock here fully tested

Offline cnc-it

•  153 153
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 04:38:17 AM »
Hi yes slipped up with these I think! Do you have the 40A drives available. If so what price would I be looking at?

The info on setting parameters would be a great help.

Thanks John.
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2011, 04:52:06 AM »
contact me via mercuryleisure uk website. i can send you setup software. il check what ive paid and come back to you