Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 12:02:29 PM

Author Topic: Jogging with Arrow Keys Problem  (Read 28363 times)

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Jogging with Arrow Keys Problem
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2009, 07:15:32 AM »
Measure the port at the back of the PC, or unplug the cable and measure it that way.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2009, 09:51:37 AM »
Are your drives optically isolated on their Step/Dir inputs? I am thinking the Probotix is, so that would mean the Step/Dir is double isolated and that could well cause issues.
Hood

Good day Hood

I’m not sure but I think my drives are optically isolated. Please have a look at this link for my drives.

http://www.probotix.com/manuals/ProboStepVX.pdf

Can you please explain what possible issues may be created?

I got my new drive yesterday and I plan to install it today. I was thinking that if the axis that it will be connected on the new drive is working well, then I will know that the other 2 drives are deffective. Also there is the posibility that connecting the third drive may solve the problem (maybe the BOB needs all drives connected to work properly)

After connecting the third drive I will take the readings on the outputs at BOB and post back the results. That should take about a couple of hours. Let me know if you want something else
Nicolas
Nicolas

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2009, 09:54:59 AM »
Measure the port at the back of the PC, or unplug the cable and measure it that way.

What that would tell us?

We know that the PC is working well since the DROs working well
Nicolas
Nicolas

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2009, 10:11:20 AM »
Dont see any mention of isolation there so probably not.

As for your last question, measuring at the port or cable end would determine whether the problem starts there, ie noise on the  cable or a bad port but as it is now random and you would have the motors disconnected it would be hard to know if it should have changed as the DROs in Mach show correctly. You will probably not even see it with a voltmeter if its noise, a scope would be needed, so probably best just concentrating on the outputs of the BOB for the time being now we have determined Mach is acting correctly.
Hood

Hood

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2009, 12:05:53 PM »
Well finally I think my problem is SOLVED!!!

I connected the new drive to the Y axis and this axis is now working PERFECT. The other axes are the same as before, reversing direction randomly and unpredictably

So as far as I can see the other 2 drivers are defective

Hood do you want me to do any other checks?
Nicolas
Nicolas

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2009, 12:08:50 PM »
Personally I would swap one of the other drives out with the good one and see if the problem s follow the bad drive and go away with the good drive. However it does seem like you have scrap drives.
Hood

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2009, 12:34:30 PM »
Personally I would swap one of the other drives out with the good one and see if the problem s follow the bad drive and go away with the good drive. However it does seem like you have scrap drives.
Hood

ok I will swap the ribbon cables and see the results

I noticed in the video tutorial the guy is dragging the jog screen (tab key) to any location. How do you drag this little screen to a new location? I try to drag it like any other screen but she does not move
Nicolas

Nicolas

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2009, 12:37:28 PM »
As far as I know you can only expand it  by moving the mouse to the left border of it then when you see the wee double arrow hold the mouse button and move left or right to resize.
Hood

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2009, 01:02:45 PM »
As far as I know you can only expand it  by moving the mouse to the left border of it then when you see the wee double arrow hold the mouse button and move left or right to resize.
Hood

That did not work. Anyway its not important, just cosmetics. Thought it was some kind of a trick

I did swap the new drive to the X axis and guess what. She was PERFECTLY!!! Good thinking Hood, now I know for sure that the other 2 drives are scrap.

Very disappointed with Probotix, they senT me 3 scrap drives and wasted so much time. Will notify them now and ask to send me 2 new drives by next day delivery (I doubt they will do that).

Thank you so much for your great help
Nicolas
Nicolas

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2009, 01:08:29 PM »
Forgot to add that although the drives I received from Probotix were defective, the service from them is above excellent. They seems knowledgable and answer email promptly. I wonder if they knew that my drives were defective
Nicolas
Nicolas