Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:16:47 AM

Author Topic: Noob is mystified  (Read 15904 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Noob is mystified
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2009, 05:16:32 PM »
No question, only one licence for one machinetool.
 If you install the driver or a motion plugin then you will be required to get an activation code. If you use Mach in simulation mode then you will not need the activation code.
You can apply for as many codes as you like, you can change computers as often as you like, what will happen is if your requests for licences go above a certain amount in a certain timeframe then you will be flagged and contacted and asked why you need so many.
 The reason for that is OEMs have been selling hundreds of machines and supplying the one licence file with them, so if a licence name keeps popping up, especially from different IPs then the alert will go out to Scott.

Hood
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2009, 05:30:04 PM »
Does that mean that if the PP driver is not installed and Mach is in simulation mode that the demo limitations are gone?(500 lines,wizards)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2009, 05:31:51 PM »
There will no longer be limitations.
Hood
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2009, 06:03:36 PM »
Can I uninstall the driver or do I have to uninstall everything and start over on my office computer?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2009, 06:05:39 PM »
Driver can be removed via device manager

Hood
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2009, 06:19:27 PM »
Licensing:

Very understandable, and I can certainly live with that.

I just placed an order for one license on the Soigeneris site, no problems whatsoever, no prompts for changing my browser settings, no cookies, etc... much better.

I'm assuming I will get an email with the license info.

Thanks again to all of you for your continuing tolerance of this noob (just to be clear, I mean me).

Best regards,

Michael

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2009, 06:25:24 PM »
Not sure how the OEM licences work, presume Scott still has overall control so Jeff may have to tell Scott to email your licence, should be within 24hrs, probably a lot sooner.
 The info in the email will be an attachment called Mach1Lic.dat, just place it in the Mach3 folder and next time you start Mach you will be licenced.
Hood
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2009, 01:16:14 AM »
Here's the latest.

I purchased a Mach3 license file through the Soigeneris, and have already recieved it (Thanks!).

That's probably the best spent $175.00 of my entire life.

I debated what version of Mach3 to install on the 2nd go around... the lockdown, the release candidate, or the "don't use this one" (development only) version.

I could not resist the temptation of the "latest and greatest" so I went with the development only version (and the moderators all groaned).

The installation of both Mach3 and LazyCam was trouble free, and I again opted to NOT install the driver, and again, I had the installer create a Mill profile for me, named "Dyna".

This is my office machine... not connected to a real CNC.... that's why I don't want to install the driver.

I then rebooted, as that is what Art says to do.  I'm figuring if Art says it... I do it.

After a fresh boot, I copied my license file into the Mach3 directory (as per guidance from several of you kind folks).

I then started Mach3 by double clicking on the Dyna shortcut the installer created on my desktop.

After Mach3 started, the very first thing I did was go into the "Help - About" dialog to see if the license file was being recoginzed... it was.

I then went into the configuration, set the native units to mm (already was) and then... following Mr. Hood's sage advice, I enabled X, Y, and Z motors.

Next, I started LazyCam, opened up the spanner dxf, clicked on "clean", then "reset origin" and then "Post Code".

Back to Mach3... I had a nice picture of the entire spanner in my toolpath window.

I clicked on RESET to clear the normal startup condition.

Then... taking a deep breath... I clicked on Start.

I noticed a significant improvement over my previous attempts right away.

1.  I noticed the green arrow in my toolpath window shooting up to the top (I'm assuming to indicate Z axis to clearance height).
2.  I noticed a green line slowly forming right down the first rapid move line in the spanner geometry.

I watched it for quite awhile... and it's truly a beautiful thing.

I then clicked on STOP and "Go To Zero".

After it returned to zero, I went back into the configuration (Ports and Pins, Motor Outputs tab) and disabled X, Y, and Z.

Then I tried running it again.

Crop circles.

So... this noobs mystery is solved... the strange patterns drawn in the toolpath window occured because I didn't have any of my (imaginary) motors enabled.

That's good enough for me.

I'm delighted, and I'm looking forward to the next steps.

Thank you all for your help.

Best regards,

Michael

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2009, 05:34:42 AM »
Suggest you download 026 version and instal over the top of the Dev version. It is there for testing of new cutter comp code and there are a few problems with it. You dont need to uninstall the old version, it will be overwritten fine.
 Also worth noting is the new installer will do the rebooting for you if its needed, because you had previously installed Mach on that computer there was no need to reboot but it certainly wont do any harm if you wish to do so.

Glad you are up and running :)
Hood