Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:44:47 AM

Author Topic: Webcam plugin with low CPU consumption  (Read 57893 times)

Webcam plugin with low CPU consumption
« on: April 07, 2009, 03:36:14 AM »
Hi all,

a member in the German forum had performance problems with the video plugin supplied with mach3, the CPU consumption was 100%. For test reasons I wrote a small program for the webcam to test the performance of his computer, my program had only about 80% CPU consumption. The next step was to write a plugin, it is named webcam.dll. This plugin is written with visual studio 2008. You can download the selfextracting file from: http://www.kd-dietz.de

regards
Klaus
The brain isn't a soap, it doesn't shrink when used.

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
Re: Webcam plugin with low CPU consumption
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 06:23:48 AM »
Klaus

That plugin works great.  Well done.

If I can be cheeky and ask if you can make the window resizable.   :D

Using a webcam for job setup usually means we must jog about while monitoring the webcam.

Your window stays on top which is essential,  now if only we could reduce it's size so as to have more room for better access to Mach controls while still seeing the cross hairs.

Perhaps an option to hide the control panel also.

Not asking much hey.   ;D ;D

Greg

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 07:28:25 AM »
Klaus

I discovered on your site the MachScreen screen design program.

WOW  I never knew it existed.

Have not had a chance to give it a good try out yet but I will.

Why don't you make a post in the screens forum about it.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/board,17.0.html

Greg
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 07:33:03 AM »
Hi Greg,

I changed the dialogbox to sizable. Now you can change the size of the video window and also the size of the Dialogbox. This gives you the opportunity to hide the controls and set the the visual part of the video window with the crosshair to the size you want.

Klaus

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 08:24:28 AM »
Hey that's great Klaus.

Now can it remember the size when opened?  :D

Greg

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 11:30:35 AM »
Very cool Screen Designer. :)
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 12:07:22 PM »
Hi

thanks for your praise. Plugin version V1.05 is available. The size of the dialogbox and the size of the video-window will be stored at exiting the dialog via button "close" and icon "close".

Klaus

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 12:23:31 PM »
Klaus,

Very nice Job on your Screen designer!!

But:   could you fix a few things?

1).  Can you put a way to "Z" layer the Bitmaps?, for example I have a Bitmap image that has Labels on top of it, when I import a screen into your designer the Labels disappear behind the Bitmap.  
2).  Most of all of your DROS show up as a Black box, sometimes you can see the "number" formatting in the DRO sometimes just the black box.
3). Can you implement "Horizontal Sliders", as well as Vertical Sliders.
4). I noticed when you go to add a OEM object, lets say the X position DRO, that the dropdown nameing list you can set to X Position DRO OEM, but you then have to go and put the Code for that DRO "800" in the code line below it.  On the OEM stuff, if your users pick lets say an OEM object then the code for the name of that object should automatically appear in the code line below it. This would save having users have to search of OEM codes for the objects that you have already listed the names.
5). "Help"  The help file will not come up on my comp.  I am running Vista 64 bit (unfortunatly, but had no choice).

Wish List:

1). Is there a way you could add "Dynamic" scaling to the entire screen and all objects on the screen??  I.e. if you click a cornor to resize the Runtime screen that that screen and all objects in it will rescale both horizontally and Vertically to the size you change it to.

2). I like the "Red dotted" screen boarder lines you put into the screen, can you make a button or dialog that you could set the Extends of the screen you are building so that, the Red boarder lines would show on all screens?  You would then know exactly how far you could place objects on the bottom and right side for the screen resolution you have choosen.

3).  Is there a way that you could tie "buttons" (User and OEM), to other objects in Mach3"  For instance if LED 1201 came on, or some DRO was this or that value, then the button that is watching that event would Trigger.

Scott

fun times
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 01:00:17 PM »
Hi Scott

before we go off topic, I will open a new thread for my "machscreen" under mach screen. If this is the wrong discussion please move it.

Klaus

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 07:30:09 PM »
Tried the latest version that remembers the window size.   

Thanks very much Klaus.  I have been wanting exactly this for ages.

The other video apps available try to do too many things, too many bells and whistles (for me) and are not resizable.  Take up too much screen space.

This one is perfect.  :)

Greg

EDIT:  The Mach Video Window app runs my CPU at about 25% ......  Klaus' video app runs it at about 5%
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 07:53:35 PM by Greolt »