Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:16:34 AM

Author Topic: problems with Rotary Manual Pulse Generator.  (Read 13306 times)

Re: problems with Rotary Manual Pulse Generator.
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 05:55:19 AM »
Hood,
I get 1 pulse for 1 click, but 9.9**** something for continous movement.
Also thanks for your input Bill
Eugene.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 06:21:05 AM »
Eugene,
 First I will go through the calibration, please dont take offence, just want  to make sure we are on the same page :)

In the calibration you click on the call detent button then move the MPG one click then press calculate. Then Cal Max Speed button, turn the MPG as fast as you can then press Calculate, I usually ignore the last step (transition ). Once you have done these steps make sure you Save before you exit.

So you are getting 1 in the detent box when you move one click? I always get 4 on any machine I have done however I have the same make MPG on each machine. Would be interested to hear what others get as I think you should see 4 but maybe not.
Hood
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 08:52:24 AM »
Hood,
Certainly no offence taken, I am only too glad to profit from others experience, such as yourself.
I am at home now, but I plan to go to my workshop tonight as my computer to control the mill, is away from my house,
and the computer has not got internet access. I will try your suggestions and let you know tomorrow.
Eugene.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2009, 08:54:52 AM »
Eugene,
 did you sort out the pin sharing problem I mentioned earlier?
Hood
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2009, 03:36:01 PM »
Hood,
Sorry Hood the power supply on this computer suddenly 'Popped its Clogs' and died, It was very annoying as I had only bought it a few weeks ago.
Anyway Maplin exchanged it for a new one, so you can see that I have been too busy to check Mach3. I did notice however that the operator tab has two lines marked Brain and Brain control or something similar, are these the same as the calculations on the Jog, if so is it possible to alter the settings in there,
Regards,
Eugene.

BClemens

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 04:00:43 PM »
Hood, I have always gotten 4 and sometimes 5 when I calibrate. But, I have been told by the vendor of this MPG that I should see only one pulse per detent and 100 pulses per revolution. Also, in the set-up pages, it is set for 1 and 100.00000, not 4 and 400.00000 as per the set-up directions for this MPG. The settings and calibration mentioned to Eugene were from my experience in setting up this MPG for smooth operation without the jitters mentioned in the OP.

Also, the multiplier means nothing with 4 or 5 pulses per detent for the MPG. Step jogging must still be used for an exact setting of a DRO.

Bill C.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2009, 04:18:17 PM »
Eugene
 No these are Brains which are a utility in Mach which you can use to do all sorts of fancy things :) The menu that you will find the Cakibrate MPG  is the Function Configs menu, not the Operator.

Bill
 Thats good because what I was thinking is that if Eugene is getting only 1 when he does one indent then it may be that Mach is not seeing the pulses from the MPG properly and likely the route of his problems.

Hood
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2009, 03:34:19 PM »
Hood.
Thanks for your help I have got the problems with the MPG sorted now. I set the counts per unit to 10 and the velocity to 1000 This was after an afternoon spent trying different setups, I finally got the head movement to agree with the screen.
I have a different problem now. How do I save the Mach 3 setup screens? at the moment, although I click the apply button each time I leave a screen it still reverts back to the old setting when I return. Sorry to ask you something so simple as this. But I am a newbie!
Regards,
Eugene.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2009, 03:56:51 PM »
Which screen are you meaning?
It should save and will save to the xml after a restart of Mach.
Hood