Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 10:49:26 AM

Author Topic: Non persistance when doing config setup  (Read 7826 times)

Non persistance when doing config setup
« on: July 26, 2006, 09:10:35 AM »
Hi all,

I worked all day yesterday trying to config the latest version of Mach3 v.65 and have a problem I need to throw out to see if anyone else has experienced. Brian was most helpful and his last email last night suggested a solution.....but it didn't work either.

Here goes. I can get everything set up with a custom xml except the jogging is reversed. I go to homing/limits and reverse directions and jogging is correct. I then had to change my a axis rotation and when I started to test the reference all, the directions on xyz were reversed again. This went on for a while until  I realised that the settings I was putting in the config page was not staying persistant. I then tried making the changes and rebooting before moving anything.....when I opened Mach3 back up the settings had reverted back to their original settings.

Is this something anyone else has seen? Could it hae been a corrupted download?

Mike

Hood

Re: Non persistance when doing config setup
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 03:14:53 PM »
Have you tried reversing the axis by changing the Dir Low Active in the ports and pins, motor outputs page?
Hood
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 05:15:00 PM »
Hi Hood,

Yep tried that too. It works as long as I don't shut Mach down or hit a switch, then in reverts back. Well the settings in the motor tuning, doesn't but the ones in homing does. I am beginning to think it might be trying to reference the wrong direction, but since I have no idea about the workings of V3 I can't check it, and I think Brian is big time pre-occupied today! ;D  I know how to change V2 but things are not the same.

Mike

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 01:13:39 PM »
Is your .xml set to "read only" by chance? If you transfer it via CD it will be.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 03:37:05 PM »
Gerry I did transfer it via cd. Why would that make a difference? Parts of it worked? But you know what, it does revert back to what was initially on the cd.....now, can you explain why, and then how to get it to the machine without having to type everything in? That pc is not connected to the net.

Mike

ps thanks

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 04:16:11 PM »
When you transfer a file on a CD, the file becomes Read Only, because you can't normally write to a CD. So when you copy that file from the CD, it retains it's Read Only attribute. So when you exit Mach3, the changes can't be saved to the .xml, because it's read only. You can change this by using explorer, or my computer, right clicking the .xml file, choose properties, and uncheck the "Read Only" box. Hope this works for you. :)
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 04:27:40 PM »
Thank you Gerry,

I have to be gone for a couple of hours but as soon as I get back I will give this a try. Wouldn't it be something simple?

Mike
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 10:41:59 PM »
Hi Gerry,

You were right, the file was a read only........but that didn't fix it. I did discover something though. Once I have the homing/limits set so the axis' jog in the correct direction, if I even go to one of the config screens where the apply button is, and open that screen, the home/limits will revert back to their original settings.

I was hoping someone else had had some sort of a problem like this and could shed some light.

Mike
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 08:09:21 AM »
Change the setting close the Homing and limits dialog. Then you need to close Mach3. By closeing Mach3 you are backing up all the settings.

That should work :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 08:49:19 AM »
Brian are you saying close Mach before I test a jog or anything?

Mike