Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:48:25 PM

Author Topic: Mach + Grex + Pendant w/MPG  (Read 13382 times)

Offline nicad

•  40 40
    • View Profile
Mach + Grex + Pendant w/MPG
« on: July 19, 2006, 05:54:21 PM »
I love the Grex/G100, but one thing I have found hard to adjust to is the delay in axis movement when jogging from the keyboard in Mach.
I am wanting to build a pendant with MPG control (encoder wheel), axis select (X, Y, Z, A), and distance set (1, 0.1, 0.01, 0.001).

I am not sure if the current Mach3/4 (Grex firmware?) will support this, since the pendant will be using inputs on the Grex.
I would assume the pendant controls should directly drive the Grex, otherwise if the inputs from the Grex are fed to Mach, which then will try to step the Grex.. I would be back where I started with the delays in jogging axis movement, correct?

Anyone have any information on doing this?
Thanks-
Colin
Re: Mach + Grex + Pendant w/MPG
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 10:41:34 PM »
It should be better when Steve get the firmware out  ;)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline nicad

•  40 40
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 11:49:17 PM »
I had been running Mach4, and have been advised to try Mach3 1.90.065 with the G100 plugin.
I did that and the axis responce to jogging is SOO much better!!
An MPG/Pendant would stil be nice, but for now I can live with this.
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 09:20:25 AM »
I have an MPG hooked up to the Grex here on my desk... I will have to look at the code and see if I can get it working :)

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 06:59:35 AM »
is this now working?

i like to put a mpg on the standard inputs from the grex?

Carl
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 11:16:59 PM »
You need to put it on an Axis encoder and it should work.. I have not taken one out to my mill ... I need a bit more time!

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 03:01:39 AM »
thanks...

how dit you the configuration of the MPG in Mach 2.0.000?

port /pin?

Carl
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 11:40:38 PM »
You don't need to have the ports and pins set up.. I just had it hooked to the X axis encoder... I know it was loading the values into mach3 butI never jogged the mill with it :(

we are goign to need new firmware becasue the old stuff that is in there now is only sending the data every 1/4th of a sec

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 04:47:59 PM »
So you connected an extra incoder to the A and B incoder inputs on the G100 and could jog?  The G100 has incoder inputs I, A and B so maybe you connected to something other them B else I got something still wrong..  When I connect to A and B I can get the LED's on the G100 to blink and everything but no movement from the machine.  Maybe try connecting it up again or something else I'm missing.. 

b.
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2006, 09:37:41 PM »
Art may not have turned on the MPG code in Mach3 for the G100 :(  I hear there is new firmware, it is not ready for release but it is getting there! So I we will work more on it after it is done. all the code that is making it work now is going away and all new has to be made :( (I think Steve is doing that too :) )

www.machsupport.com