Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 08:37:29 PM

Author Topic: Retrifit Chevalier Falcon Mill  (Read 40470 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Retrifit Chevalier Falcon Mill
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2009, 02:24:01 PM »
The Index pulse is a single pulse per revolution from the encoder, it allows very precise homing. The drives I have can do all sorts of homing moves one of which is it will look for the index pulse only, this is useful for a toolchanger or a spindle for example. It is not much use for an axis however as the index is seen once per revolution. Another way which is perfect for homing is you connect a switch into the drive, it will seek the switch and then it will look for the index pulse.

I have heard great things about Tom from Rutex USA, but quite a bit not so good about Rutex. If however you look on the general forum you will see that Chip uses the predecessor to the board you are looking at and he says it works well.

Hood
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2009, 02:29:28 PM »
Hood
Is this Rutex worth pursuing or am I just better off looking another way.
racear

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2009, 02:34:11 PM »
It seems like it would be a reasonable way but without seeing others results it seems you will be one of the first to try it. As Chip says the previous incarnation works fine then there is no reason to think this wouldnt.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2009, 02:41:52 PM »
The quite a bit bad has been about the servo drives rather than anything else. Seem to remember if you had a crash with the Rutex servo drives then you could blow them up but maybe I am not remembering correctly.
Hood
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2009, 06:10:06 PM »
Hood. I have raced cars over 3/4 of my life. There AINT nothing I AINT  blewed up before so this will not be anything new. I just got to see if I can free the machine up long enough to tackle this. I use it quite often in my ever day work. For the money, it has been a good investment. Just time to kick it up.
racear

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2009, 06:48:58 PM »
Yes know the feeling, I have had the big servo sitting in my workshop for 3 or more months unable to get the time to fit to the lathe, managed to get it done over Christmas/New Year but still have a lot of tidying of the wiring to do.
Hood
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2009, 09:58:58 AM »
ok bad update. Looking for you alls opinion
Last nite had machine sitting and heard all relays unlatch and saw screen go off. Have voltage going in and nothing happening from there. Saw no leds on the PC. Removed pc power supply. Is a Deltron 11589xa. Have input 110ac but no outputs at +5volts, +12volts, -12volts, &24volts. So my suspects are bad power supply. Have disassembled and see no damage. Found one repaired at PCP for $311. Question, what would you all do. repair this of go ahead and spend under$500 and update to Mach3. Largest issue is I do not know if I can do time. Working 12 hrs day or more now. And is I got Mach way, will have many questions to be asked as I go along. I wished I could just repair the power supply, but out of my skills. I'm also hoping I didnt damage something else in machine. I'll take criticism or help
racear

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
Re: power supply
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2009, 10:45:05 AM »
You want the model GLM75P from Condor (Condor was purchased by SL Power Electronics).  You can buy it online several places including DigiKey:
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=271-2544-ND
Allied:
http://www.alliedelec.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?SKU=7443355&MPN=GLM75P&R=7443355&SEARCH=7443355&DESC=GLM75P
They sell for a little under $100.  Power supply technology has changed so much in the last 15 years that they are much cheaper and smaller than before.  On my mill, the company that made my power supply wanted over $500 for a replacement.  The Condor GLM75 works fine.  If your on the East side of the pond do a google search for Condor GLM75P.
If you do get the Condor power supply note that they require a minimum load of 1A on the 5V output to properly regulate.

Vince
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2009, 11:08:08 AM »
Vince
Thanks for the lead. I will immediatrely look into it. This again is why this forumn is so important to people such as I(just smart enough to get my self in trouble). I wish I knew what caused all this. On the Deltron there is two leads coming out called R and 5R. Anyone got any idea what this would go to. Man wouldn't a schematic be great?? When I came in last nite, the lady of the house(boss) to one look and siad "you want a beer" and I told give me the whole freaking case. Now dis morning, me got two head aches; the machine and mine.
thanks people and thank you Vince
racear
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2009, 08:12:13 AM »
Just a guess on the R and 5R. I know the DynaPath 20's power supply has one terminal on it thats keeps the CPU from starting untill the voltages are stabilized. The 40 is PC based, PC's had a PG (power good) terminal on there supplies that does the same thing.

Darek