Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 04:27:06 PM

Author Topic: Retrifit Chevalier Falcon Mill  (Read 40453 times)

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
Re: Retrifit Chevalier Falcon Mill
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 12:12:36 PM »
Hood
Pulled drive card and it is Servo Dynamics model # SDFPO1525-17 serial # 123574 description FET Off Line Module They are out of Chatworth, Ca 91311. I hope this is what you need.
thanks man
ravear

I have those drives in my mill and I scanned their manual into PDF format.  Send me your email address and I can email it to you, the file size is 1.1 meg.  They are analog drives that take +-10V for signal input, differential or single ended encoder and tach.  I am using a Pixie card to convert step and direction to +-10V, unfortunately, the Pixie is not longer made.  My motors are also very similar to yours and I can get 450 IPM rapids from my set up.  BTW, the telephone tech support from Servo Dynamics is good.  They still sell a similar drive, but now the power supply is built into each drive.  The 1525 drives take a power supply/rack. 

Vince

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 02:02:44 PM »
Nice info Vince :) I wouldnt mind that pdf myself, dont have these drives but you never know what the future holds ;)
If you dont mind please send to hood at  rdengineering.wanadoo.co.uk

Hood

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2009, 02:21:45 PM »
Nice info Vince :) I wouldnt mind that pdf myself, dont have these drives but you never know what the future holds ;)
If you dont mind please send to hood at  rdengineering.wanadoo.co.uk

Hood

I sent it to rdengineering (at) wandoo (dot) co (dot) uk.  Is that correct?  I guess I'll know in a couple of minutes if it bounces.

Vince

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2009, 02:27:16 PM »
nope sorry its
hood ( at) rdengineering ( dot)  wanadoo (dot) co (dot) uk
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2009, 01:38:12 PM »
Hello Vince
Just got to sign back in this morning.
If you dont mind since the file to     reedgrant@bellsouth.net
I appreciate that so much. Will be a tremedous help.
Again thanks
racear
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 01:41:04 PM »
Vince or Hood Or
If the Pixie card is no longer made, do you all know of something else that will work.
racear

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 01:50:04 PM »
Rutex do one, dont know of anyone who has tried one though. CNC Teknix were reportedly going to be making some but not seen any info on their website. The Tek10 servos drives top board supposedly can do it and I have actually semi tried it but abandoned my trials when my AB drives came along. When I say I semi tried what I mean was I had an encoder hooked up to the encoder  inputs of the top board from a Tek10 and measured the voltage as I rotated the encoder one way or the other and it seemed to act as it should but how good it would have been connected to a drive I cant say. I have a couple of the top boards here and I may use them in the future but if you pay for the shipping to the USA I could loan one to you to see if it will work, PM me if you want to try.

Hood

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 10:29:30 PM »
Vince or Hood Or
If the Pixie card is no longer made, do you all know of something else that will work.
racear

I replied to this earlier, I don't know why it did not post.  No one that I know of makes a board like the Pixie.  I sent an email to Arturo (CNC4PC) earlier today asking it he ever thought of making the Pixie board under license from Skyko.  He replied that he had sent them an email several times asking just that, but never got a reply.  He did say that they were going to develop their own board to convert step and direction to +-10V and it would come out before the end of the year.

Vince
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 10:44:27 PM »
thanks N4NV
I've been searching for that kind of board, but also no luck. Must be one out there somewhere.
racear

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 05:52:45 AM »
see my post above.
Hood