Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 09:07:44 PM

Author Topic: Retrifit Chevalier Falcon Mill  (Read 40471 times)

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
Re: Retrifit Chevalier Falcon Mill
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2009, 07:47:04 AM »
Is that the same manual that is on the Rutex site? The one there covers all of the 20*0 series.
Hood

Yes, that's the one. 

Vince

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2009, 07:51:11 AM »
Ok, just thought I was missing out LOL
 I too have joined the Rutex site and initial searches dont show anyone using the R2040. Tom the USA Rutex guy interesting has said he tested them out, the interesting bit is it was with ServoDynamics 1525 drives which may be similar to the ones you guys have.
Hood
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2009, 09:38:26 AM »
Geez
You guys, I never should have gone to bed. I missed out on more stuff. Did the guy from Rutex elaborate on how well the card worked with the Dynamics card. Me want to try pretty quick. Did he say if it worked with SmoothStepper and what else??
racear

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2009, 10:17:11 AM »
This is all he said
Doubt if he has tried with a SmoothStepper but there is no reason for it not to work if it works with a poarallel port as the SS just puts out Step/Dir as the PP would, just cleaner and capable of a lot faster.
Hood

"Rutex now has the R2040 analog drives in stock both in Australia and
here in the USA. This drive allows Step and direction controllers to
drive the older +-10 volt input signal analog drives. I tested it
with a Servo Dynamics 1525 Dyna drive (configured in the current
mode) and it worked very well. This drive allows step and direction
controls to drive very large drive/motor systems."
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2009, 06:47:36 PM »
OK: Spent quite a bit of time on phone with Rutex today (Tom Uldrige). Here is what we will need to run Mach 3, which he has successfully done..
1:  1 piece per axis of R2040 servo drives
2:   1 piece Motherboard R2110P
3:  1 Piece R2211 adapter if you have a differential encoder or 1 piece R2210 if it is not a differential
You will need a 24 volt source to run this system. Mine has that now.
You will need to use shielded Cat5 cable and a shielded parallel cable. Your PC parallel port must be 5 volts. Some have 3.7; so measure
He did his testing with the card 1525BR. I am going thru the book and website to see if my 1525-17 will work. I think it will. Will be talking to Sevo Dynamics tomorrow to get more info.
all me know
racear

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2009, 07:03:02 PM »
Not sure what all that will cost but it may be getting near the cost of the DSPMC so maybe you should consider that as well.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2009, 07:25:50 PM »
Just looked and it will come out to around $400 so its still cheaper with that and a SS as opposed to the DSPMC.
Hood
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2009, 08:51:34 PM »
Yes less expensive but one thing that comes to mind is homing to the encoder index pulse.

Darek

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2009, 02:25:52 AM »
Yes thats true Darek but racear has the SS already and Greg has said he is going to add that featre to the SS at some point. I dont need it for any of the machines I have at the moment as the drives I have are capable of doing a gated Index pulse homing but I do have a few drives for spares tha dont have the Indexing capability so will be nice when he gets time to add it :)
Hood
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2009, 09:55:26 AM »
Please forgive this stupidity getting ready to come out. What is the index pulse??
Ok, want to pose a question, at this present time for a analogue system of this sort, it appears this Rutex may appear to be the best avenue(value to do the job). I'm looking to see if and for how long I can take my machine out of service, is any one else looking at taking a system To Mack3. Also does any one want to try to go together with me and try to purchase larger quantity and see if I can get the price down? Not a problem if any one doesnt as I fell I must do this ssoner or later and I feel we have a good contact to work with in Tom at Rutex. If any one interested let me know and I will pursue. I may not be the best for this project but, got to start somewhere. This also brings up another point, we may need to lean on the people that has the knowledge to help. Even though I am a Mechanical engineer, elctrical back ground leaves a lot to be desired. At present reading, note taking every nite now. Any and all suggestions will I be happy to listen to:
racear