Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:29:55 PM

Author Topic: Problems with Mach3 , Gcode or BobCad! and I am not sure whats going on!!  (Read 16780 times)

Re: Problems with Mach3 , Gcode or BobCad! and I am not sure whats going on!!
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 07:06:16 PM »
I am assuming this is the one your looking for.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 05:43:19 AM »
Ok dont seem to have a problem with your xml however I do notice your X axis setup in Homing and Limits is a bit strange.
What I mean by that is you have the X Max as 0 and Min is a negative number. As you do not have the Home Negative box chosen I presume you are homing the X so that the tool is fully right (table fully left if a knee type machine)
Is that the case?
Hood
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 06:07:08 AM »
the machine is a x2 clone,  it looks like the harbor freight version.

and yes, its currently homing by moving the table to the left.  but it wasnt doing that earlier today. it just started doing that after i loaded the gcode.

i believe I set up the settings as ou describe because of the way the controls where moving the table, and one of the video's here said something about the Z homeing to the top so you put a neg number. and the x was homing simarlry and  so i made it the way i have it.

i am completly ok with re-doing it all and changing my setup, I havent been alble to really cut anything yet since its still all seems wonky.

I sense i am close, its just that somethings seem backwards

any advise is appreciated

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013, 06:14:25 AM »
Ok so if you jog positive (numbers in DRO go positive) is the tool moving to the right in relation to the work (table moving left) ?
If it is then that means Mach is seeing the direction as it should and it is just your method  is a bit different from standard.
If you let me know if the above is correct then I can tell you how to set up to standard method, just dont want to confuse the situation at the moment.
Hood
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2013, 06:32:49 AM »
so, assuming I am sitting in front of it.

(I have the 22$ ebay mach3 remote  control btw)

if I push the button:

X+  bed moves to the left   |  DRO increments in the +  (+50 from 0)    |  RIGHT ARROW moves bed left
X-   bed moves to the right   |  DRO increments in the -  (+30 from +50)    |  LEFT ARROW moves bed right

Y+  bed moves towards me  |  DRO increments in the +  (+16 from 0)      |  UP ARROW moves bed towards me
Y-  bed moves away from me   |  DRO increments in the -  (0 from +16)   |  DOWN ARROW moves bed away from me

Z+ the milll moves down, |  DRO increments in the +  (0 from -8)  |  pg down moves head Down
Z-  the milll moves down, |  DRO increments in the -  (-8 from 0)  |  pg up moves head up

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2013, 08:19:56 AM »
Ok X and Y sound correct but Z sounds wrong. or could be as you have Z+ and Z- moving down in the text above.
 Z Zero is normally fully up and all movements down are negative values. I am talking machine coords here BTW. So looks like you may need to either change the Reversed setting in Homing or Limits or change the active state of the Direction pin, they both do the same thing so either will do.
 You would then home the Z positive which would mean it is fully positive and your settings in soft limits would be Z Max as Zero and Z min as the travel of your Z but with a negative value.

Do you have a preference in which direction the X should home? For example it may be better for loading the table if it homes one way or the other. If you have no preference then it would likely be best to stick with convention and home negative. That would mean for your soft limits X Min would be zero and Max would be the amount of travel you have.

For Z fully up is zero and

Hood
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2013, 07:26:19 PM »
So I thought I would make a movie :D

1- So, Image 1 is what the machine looks like when I did a Ref all HOME.

2 - I then moved the machine to where I wanted to zero the machine.

3 - is where Zero was, before I reset it back to Zero

4 - is proof I reset everything to zero.

more to follow

Offline Bodini

•  216 216
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2013, 07:30:24 PM »
What is that on image 3... You have a booty call waiting?  What a multitasker! no wonder you're having problems. XD
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2013, 07:36:16 PM »
too funny, loving that spam!
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2013, 07:36:45 PM »

So from there, I started recording the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2uZPUKS0GA

I still don't understand why it moves the z to zero, SO SLOWLY, you can see the Cable Tie to show how slow its turning.

I also dont understand why it wants to move the stock to the left and work its way backwards.

So, I re-zero'ed machine, then moved the X axis, from zero to its other extreme.

as seen in pick za5

I did the same in the X, Y and Z