Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:41:48 PM

Author Topic: Mach upgrade  (Read 9266 times)

Mach upgrade
« on: December 27, 2008, 06:20:16 PM »
Hi all, Hope your Holidays are going well.

Are upgrades of Mach free of charge? Also my shop computer is not hooked to the internet soooo. Can any one recommend how I can do the up grade if I'm aloud? I am not great with computers so take it easy on me!! Could I download the upgrade on a flash card and take it to the shop computer?

Thanks for your help,
Nick

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Mach upgrade
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 06:25:26 PM »
Yes and yes :)

Hood
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 06:32:38 PM »
Thanks, Hood

You guys are great with your quick responses. I'll see if I can get this to work!!

Thanks,
Nick :)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 06:37:23 PM »
What you might want to do is copy your xml file before you upgrade just in case anything goes wrong, not likely to but ......
The xml will be in the Mach3 folder on your drive and will be called Mach3Mill.xml if you use the standard Mill profile, Mach3Turn.xml if using standard turn etc etc. If you have a cistom profile it will be called  the name of your profile.xml.

Hood
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 06:52:38 PM »
Hood,
I'm down load ing to my lash right now my computer is a bit sloooowwww. I do have a custom profile for my router. Can i just open the new file on the shop computer to Mach file?

Nick

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 06:56:44 PM »
When you get it downloaded just transfer to the shop computer and  double clcik on it and it will upgrade for you. If anything does go wrong and you lose your profile then just paste the copy you made back into the Mach3 folder :)
Hood
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 07:01:30 PM »
Thanks,

I'll let you know how it goes in a bit. We' see if this bottle of wine will help me through ;D

Nick
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 07:28:03 PM »
Well I double clicked from the flash and every thing loaded.... It rebooted and i fired up the router and got no response from the router. The profile showed up on the start up screen and I clicked on it as ussual. The DROs showed movement but the router sat still?? ??? Any suggestions?
Besides lay offf the wine ;D
Nick

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 07:32:06 PM »
How do you normally start Mach? is it a desktop icon or is it the Mach loader? If the loader is the name of your profile in there?
Hood
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 07:44:54 PM »
It is a desk top icon called Mach loader. I click on that and it brings up a small window (Session Profile) with 4 choices ; M3 Mill, M3 turn, Plasma, Tribal Router. The last one being mine . I click on that and it brings up the control screen with tribal router in the lower left hand corner profile box.

I also noticed that it still said 2.0 before the screen stated up??? I'm lost..............

Nick