Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:18:41 AM

Author Topic: Finished my Taig 4th Axis  (Read 19068 times)

Re: Finished my Taig 4th Axis
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2009, 01:16:09 AM »
Thank you very much Dave

Offline enrique

•  4 4
  • Chips again
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2009, 03:21:40 AM »
love the leds on the chuck.....i have a taig but its has to be in a euro spec cabinet for safety ..only i have to stand on a tool box to stick my head in when homing ...i use two taper mills (from bits&bits) one in the collet and one in a three jaw chuck i have used a web cam but find it easier to jog from the keyboard using a standing magnifier to locate my Y and a manual z depth locater turned out of ali (just a thread poking out the top with blue tack on it ) i do have an edge finder but find my eyes quicker...
Designer from the Jewellery workshop Southport Using artcam, and mach three, taig mill and fingers
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2009, 09:28:42 AM »
Dave a video for you , I ordered the bellows also thanks for the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoW7rW_EsjY&feature=channel_page

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2009, 09:53:02 AM »
Very cool video as always but it's so dark in your area, how the hell do you see what you're doing?  :D  Is that for the benefit of making a better video?

Question about transfering your chuck while the part is mounted. On the sherline 4th axis table, do you use that threaded adapter that came with the sherline? Is there any runout difference?

One more question, I'm getting close to finishing my enclosure, what lights are you using? They look light 12V lighting, do they get hot (I don't want that) ? I was going to cut a rectangular hole and just put a flourescent light from above but I think I'd rather have two "aimable" lights in each front corner with a ball joint to be able to position the lighting wherever I'd want. Possibly like a small headboard or wall sconses? I was also thinking a strip of track lighting but that might be a bit dangerous!  :D

Thanks for sharing -  :)

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2009, 11:59:03 AM »
Hello Dave

1....I just shut the room lights off for the benifit of the video , I have the standard 4ft fluorescents in the ceiling

2....Yes there is a threaded adaptor that came with the sherline , as far as runout I dont know if there is its got to be minimal .... something I have yet to check and I guess should

3... the lighting is 120 volt with the new screw in fluorescent screw in bulbs , the fixture is a standard bathroon lighting system . doesn't get hot and supplies execellent light . the bulbs take about a minute to reach full brightness
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 12:05:27 PM by Peter Zicha »

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2009, 01:00:57 PM »
That's perfect! That is exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks for that picture, I'm sure Lowes or Home Depot has something like that -  ;D

Thanks again,
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)