Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:10:43 AM

Author Topic: Haas Style screen?  (Read 13420 times)

Offline vlmarshall

•  23 23
  • G28 G91 X0 Y0
    • View Profile
Haas Style screen?
« on: December 17, 2008, 09:02:05 PM »
Has anyone made a screen set to emulate the layout of the Haas VMC's?

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Haas Style screen?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 08:44:22 AM »
If you could post up some "Screen Shots" of what each page looks like (Good Detail to see what the buttons and stuff says), I could look into it.
I was considering something like that myself, but dont have a Haas to look at and play with the screens, and navigation.

scott
fun times

Offline vlmarshall

•  23 23
  • G28 G91 X0 Y0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 09:17:55 PM »
Certainly! I'll grab some shots in the next few days, of both the older monochrome display and this year's new color screen.
The new one reminds me of Mach anyway.  ;D

Here's a blurry shot of the older (pre-2008) control panel. Only the button style is different, the layout hasn't changed.

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 10:19:18 PM »
These might be of use.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline vlmarshall

•  23 23
  • G28 G91 X0 Y0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 11:00:45 PM »
Ha, nice graphics! I'll assume they're from the Haas website?
Too bad you don't have the Current Commands screen, it probably has the most useful information.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 06:44:05 PM »
Ok, here is what I need, I dont use Haas so YOUR going to have to do some work, detail work..........

I need to know what every button is on the physical button interface and how it works/functions.

Also, I will need a documented "navigation tree", for instance when it boots up, it boots into this screen, I will need to know what all the information is on that screen. Then all the "Sub Screens" I will need to know what your pushing to navigate to them and how they work. I will need screen shot CLEAR screen shot of what all the information on each screen, and how that information is used, how it is edited, etc.

I can recreate the Screens Exactly, as well as the navigation tree:  IF!!!!!   you give me good details, and CLEAR picutres as well as descriptions of what things are, do, and how they are used and how to use them....

High end screens can be quit complex, so detail/explaination is needed.

Take your time, and get me a GOOD document that I can open up that has all these pics, funcitons, discriiptions, and what the External Physical buttons do, as well as any SCreen Buttons do.  DO NOT ASSUME, I know anything about the Haas screen, spell everything out totally like your explaining it to a Knuckle Head (yeap, lots of knuckle there).

scott
fun times

Offline chad

•  361 361
  • When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 11:08:55 AM »
Hi, I can also take some pics if you want. There is also some info in the haas manuals.
That being said I think copying the haas control would be a step backwards. There are some great thing about but some things can be done much easier.
There are a lot of hit F2 twice hit this, hit that. 
I think that time would be better spent drying to do a open source version of zealous's awesome ultimate screens. 
I really like them but $200 for a screen set that costs more than the program itself is silly. If it were 50 I would own it by now. Not saying it was not a huge amount of work and I really like them but the price is just too high.

Any way, Mach needs a face lift to make things make more sense.

chad

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 08:06:21 PM »
these pic are probably from an older machine. i own a recent model vmc and the screens look a little better. the fonctionality of the haas interface is good but i don't think they would deserve a price for the disign. it looks like an old dos program.

with all the flexibility of mach3, i think someone could come with a much better interface than the haas. the good thing about the haas control is that you can do everything without the mouse.

my 2 cents
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 08:54:57 AM »
I don’t know what this is all about ???…but I have had this user-name,
haas_style, for about 43 years…please don’t use it in vane.

vintageracer

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 10:01:19 PM »
Any updates on the Mach3 Haas lookalike screen?

Timothy