Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:51:44 AM

Author Topic: Configuring mach  (Read 15305 times)

Re: Configuring mach
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2006, 01:54:15 PM »
Hood thank you again :) You are doing a great job with this one!

The Box may be good but the XML was no good :( Now that you have the screen shot of the Mach2 settings I think we can get you up an running. Try the stuff that Hood has shown you and you should see the motors turning !

Could you please post the place that you got the box from? I would like to see what they have for docs.

Thank you
Brian

PS. I never get sick of helping people because in the end 99.9% are VERY happy!
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline Jacko

•  42 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2006, 03:05:37 PM »
Thanks so much for the support you guys - I really appreciate it.  I will try this first thing in the morning cos ive got a hot date with a pint of beer ( or 2 ) down the pub right now.  Kit bought from http://www.marchantdice.com/  I wrote the cheque on 10 th of april !!!
Many thanks jacko

Offline Jacko

•  42 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2006, 03:39:41 PM »
Oh,  I just had to try it.  I get the odd buzz & clunk from the motors but no rotation.  I have released them from the balls screws.  I get no warning lights showing in diagnostics unless I manually trip a switch.  Down the pub then !!!
Jacko

Hood

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2006, 04:30:19 PM »
You probably have to mess with the motor tuning page to set velocity and acceleration to suit your drives/motors. you will also need to enter a figure for your steps per unit.
Hood

Offline Jacko

•  42 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2006, 08:23:06 AM »
Would some one be kind enough to join up the dots to show me how to wire up my  micro switches please.
Many thanks
Jacko

Hood

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2006, 11:30:35 AM »
Do you have a part number for these switches? also how many switches are you using, ie one for each axis or two for each. Also do you have any info on the breakout board, the diagram you posted in the first few posts is not really that clear to me, eg I dont know what its meaning by X End.
Hood
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 11:56:06 AM by Hood »

Offline Jacko

•  42 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2006, 03:34:22 AM »
Good morning Hood - where did you get that name?  Are you watching the Golf from Loch Lomond?
In the normal state the switch has a connection between C and NC.  When the roller is depressed the connection is made between C and NO.  The switches are handled by 9 pin connection which plugs directly into the interface board. I have the documentation for the 9 pin socket.
PIN 1 limit X.
PIN 2 limit Y
PIN 3 limit Z
PIN 4 limit C
PIN 5 emergency switch
PIN 6 5V supply
PIN 7 Ground
PIN 8 Ground
PIN 9 Ground
I was  contacted by the boxes engineer last night for the first time so hopefully might now make some progress.
regards
jacko

Hood

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2006, 04:11:26 AM »
I have been called Hood by everyone for a long time, just dont understand why, my real name is Robin, you think that may have something to do with it?  ;)
 Hope you get it all sorted now you are in contact with them. BTW have you got the motors turning yet?
 Dont care much for Golf, being from Carnoustie it was expected that I play golf when a youngster, was actually reasonable at it, winning a few school competitions but I thought it a waste of time as I was more interested in using the golf course for hunting with my Buzzard and Ferrets :)
Hood

Hood

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2006, 04:16:25 AM »
OH BTW I think you want to connect the common to ground and then either NC or NO to the pin for that axis. NC would be best I think as if a wire breaks you will get a limit fault. If you did it the other way you would not get a limit error if a wire broke and you could potentially crash before you realise that the limit is faulty.
Hood

Offline Jacko

•  42 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2006, 12:57:46 PM »
Hi Hood.
 I have been mucking about today - no rotation but in certain conditions all 3 motors make a constant faint whirring noise.  Is that normal even when I am not trying to run a MDI program?  The engineer that e mailed me on friday told me we would have it running this weekend but I havent heard from him yet!  There aren't many buzzards down these parts but we are almost over run with Kites which are a joy to watch.  We also have a family of polecats in a field opposite.  Are ferrets
the domesticated variety of a polecat?
Thanks for the help
Jacko