Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:20:56 AM

Author Topic: Configuring mach  (Read 15312 times)

Offline Jacko

•  42 42
    • View Profile
Re: Configuring mach
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2006, 03:32:54 PM »
Great - I feel I have something positive to try out.    I'm in Amersham,  Bucks but have just returned from a tour of Scotland - have been up many times.
Thanks again but almost certainly be asking for more help!!!
Jacko

Hood

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2006, 03:41:12 PM »
No problem, I am fairly new to all things CNC and I know how daunting it can be. Fortunately there are loads of helpful people here and on the Yahoo group so you wont be stuck.
Hood
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2006, 07:36:01 PM »
Thank you Hood for helping! I was off working on potato machine today :( There is no way to get mail when you are working down at the factory...
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Hood

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2006, 02:06:27 AM »
No problem Brian.
Hood
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2006, 04:03:25 AM »
Jacko, just backing up what Hood said about the help you will get from Brian to give you some confidence. I was totally new to all things re cnc about 2 months ago and with a few e mails to Brian or Art I am up and running.
Being an Aussie I can,t help but wish you luck for the coming Ashes series, your gunna need it (and by the way for all our American friends out there, the Ashes series is the game of Cricket played between England and Australia)
Barry ;D

Offline Jacko

•  42 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2006, 04:50:06 AM »
I think you Aussies should start getting used to the idea that you are going to get a good whapping!!
However I have downloaded the BFxml file and loaded it in the mach directory.  I then start mach and select the BFxml profile. It tells me its there in the bottom right hand side of the screen.  But when I look in the config  inputs dialogue boxes etc there is just a lot of red crosses and no numbers in the boxes for ports and pins just zeros.
Ho Hum
Jacko

Offline Jacko

•  42 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2006, 01:13:38 PM »
Hi Brian,
            You said the xml I have been supplied is Junk.  Do you think after a month I should be thinking about sending my box of tricks back for a refund and looking for a new supplier?  Could you recomend one if you do ie some company that know what they are doing and provide proper support?  Or is there any one out there near to Bucks UK that would come and sort it all out for a fee of course and a few beers. I did receive the attached today after much badgering.  How would I transcibe this info into mach 3?
Dont you get fed up with people like me?
Jacko

Hood

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2006, 01:29:05 PM »
Go to config menu then ports and pin then motor outputs. Just enable each axis you are using, eg X, Y, Z and enter theĀ  numbers that are shown in the screenshot you posted. Heres a screenshot of what you should do.

BTW just ignore the A axis for the moment.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 01:30:53 PM by Hood »

Hood

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2006, 01:35:27 PM »
Also have a look at your port address and make sure its the same as in device manager. Another good idea would be to have a look at the setup video on the Mach support site, it will help you understand how things get set up.
Hood

Hood

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2006, 01:44:33 PM »
You may also need to enable pin 17 on the Output signal page as below.
Hood